ForumsGamesThe Gemcraft CS laboratory

4 2899
smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

The Gemcraft CS laboratory does research about the Gemcraft Cs game.

Our actual task is to have a look at the gem skills True Colors, Chain Hit and Resonance.

As creating the same gem gives different results we created 3 grade 4 chain hit gems for each test run for better comparison. We only compare the damage part.

First test: all skills 0
51-85 49-88 51-88

Second test: chain hit skill 12 (component + 48%/+20% for grade 7 and higher)
47-81 51-88 49-84

as you see, no improvement in the damage here. so this skill is for combining the chain hit gem with other gems.

Third test: Resonance skill 24
82-141 79-148 80-145

a skill you won't miss once you got it.

Forth test: True colors skill 24
83-150 84-153 81-153

also a very important skill.

Fifth test: True colors 24 Resonance 24
139-244 138-249 141-246

compare this with the first test and you know, which skills to set to the max.

if you plan always to combine the same three good gems (either R,O,B or R,Y,B) we think you only need the skills from the fifth test
and can save the skill points (= more mana) for the three gems you use. so every gem in a combined 3 color gem has the same % in the
final product.

any experts can comment on the test results !

btw: i just edited the text. i mixed up critical hit and chain hit in the original text.

• 4 Replies
gberwick
gberwick
9 posts
Nomad

Why compare damage when specials are the key (for managem obviously but for killgem and crit modifier too)?

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

Two words: incremental utility.

maxing specials is not always a good idea, if it means you have to pull ALL the points out of other usefull skills. true colors is quite usefull. more usefull than resonance, actually, despite the fact it gives a smaller raw damage boost.

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

as i gave up creating a manafarm (at least for now) i only use 4 skills now:

true colours 24
fusion 24
mana stream 24
resonance 24

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

this skill setting was not optimal. for any reason i only get the high percentage and damage multiplicator (yellow) when i also spent some skill points on the 3 colours i use for combining the first grade 5 RYB.

maybe i only need to set yellow skill but i gave all 3 colours the same skills for now.

Showing 1-4 of 4