ForumsGamesGC CS unlock the 2nd and 3th Point of levels

17 4065
DrackenDarck
DrackenDarck
84 posts
Scribe

How can i unlock the other Points? and for what is the Button "looming"?
http://i.imgur.com/00PaQlf.jpg

Oh and! How get I better talismans? Only with increasing the Drop rarity with Shadows?
I'm happy over all answers

Greetings
Dracken

• 17 Replies
smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

looming is the standard difficulty. later you get glaring and haunting (ultra hard). the button is just for choosing the difficulty and as you have only one choice now the button is useless for the moment.

better talimans are not easy to get. you must set the battle traits higher and wait for glaring difficulty. even at level 192 the best i got so far were yellow and blue talismans. according to the pros there are still 4 other colours.

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

one thing still: if you want to make faster progress read the "graphics" topic.
there you will find the 16 grade 1 gem method for creating a grade 5 tri-color gem.
much better than combining 3 grade 4s.

DrackenDarck
DrackenDarck
84 posts
Scribe

I use 99% in my Maps only the Red
and a Pink for break the armor, some times I combine my red with yellow or use Black and use a Black/red Trap with armor ignore kill a lot
my level is ~50 at the moment.

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

you really should read the 16-gem creation method.
Red, Orange(or Yellow),Black is the best combination.

since i know this i never ever used pink or green again,

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

@DrackenDarck: 16-combine method isn't so needed for "normal players" . I am one of these &quotros", btw. Recommend fractalman's guide and thunderrider's guide explaining lots of useful things. I will soon post my on the same forum they are, but as I said it's really needed only for hardcore players. Although you still will be able to benefit from some of methods presented there.

DrackenDarck
DrackenDarck
84 posts
Scribe

I dont need Guides, because I love to see how I can self beat a Level

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Check them out when you'll finish the game so, you may find some useful things and maybye eventually become next hardcore player

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

&quotink"...
do you mean purple?

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

i think the 16 gem method is not only helpful for mana- or killtraps.

i use this for my towers and the gems are much more powerful.

btw surely purple. but as said you don't need this when you use the combine method (but at this stage you will not have red, orange/yellow and black on all fields.)

DrackenDarck
DrackenDarck
84 posts
Scribe

I like the word Pink more

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

btw:

"I dont need Guides, because I love to see how I can self beat a Level "

"How can i unlock the other Points? and for what is the Button "looming"?"

"Oh and! How get I better talismans? Only with increasing the Drop rarity with Shadows?
I'm happy over all answers

kinda funny ...

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

problem with " pink" is it sounds like a red/white dual gem.

trust me, as you get deeper, purple becomes pretty useless.

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

@smario - on your &quotre-battle" screen where you see those glaring/looming/haunting buttons, as well as your talisman chance, here is how to increase that chance:

looming/haunting are difficulties that you have to unlock much like you get wizard skills/battle modes. They add to the difficulty of the map, but increase the quality of talismans dropped as well as XP gained.

The 9 difficulty traits underneath that are additional ways to increase map difficulty, increase talisman quality and XP.

On a difficult map, further in the journey, maxing all traits to 7 and selecting haunting can give a minimum talisman quality in the 60s (I think that's as high as it goes) and a maximum of 100. Talisman fragments in the 90s have a lot of bonus, but require a lot of shadow cores to upgrade. (but really, getting shadow cores is easy.)

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

78 is the highest minimum rarity. It is on field Y6, with the highest difficulty and all 9 battle traits maxed out.

That, in effect, becomes 88 minimum when you spend 100 cores to increase the rarity by 10.

ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

Other &quotoints" are for other difficulties. You unlock Glaring ("Hard" difficulty) about midway through the game and Haunting ("Insane" difficulty) very close to the end. Beating maps on those difficulties will light up the other dots on the level tiles.

You get better talisman drops by increasing the difficulty, adding traits, and playing harder fields. That "rarity booster" is also semi-useful if you have a bunch of cores to burn.

If you search "gemcraft fast talisman farming" on Youtube then you should be able to find a video of some guy running Y6 (the level with the best talisman drops) all the way through, with maxed settings (Haunting difficulty, all traits maxed), and finishing it in about 2 minutes, getting 3 rarity 88+ talismans in the process. So far I've only managed one successful run with his strategy, but it only took me about 5 minutes (I used 3x speed instead of 9x) and got me two "+1 all skills" talismans so I'm going to be doing it again in the near future. Look into that once you're a high enough level to handle it.

Showing 1-15 of 17