ForumsGamesGemcraft CS talisman farming?

16 6433
InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

Where do you guys go? I max everything and hope for the best, but there's no real plan other than. Does anyone know if the maps with "requires *n* bolts to open" destructables (chests, walls, buildings, etc) are better for talismans or not?

• 16 Replies
Oktavia_witch
Oktavia_witch
56 posts
Blacksmith

Y6 is a perfect talisman farm field, because no unique enemies outside of shadows.

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

I'll give it a try after this field is over, thanks.

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Y6 is a great field .. I like it because at max difficulty and battle traits, the minimum rarity found is 78. Add in that +10 rarity thing, and the minimum is now 88 ... not bad for a stage that cannot mess you up with beacons!

cooltang
cooltang
9 posts
Peasant

The issue is finding these:

+10% Wake of Eternity health loss (from 20% to 70% total)... on inner fragments only

+60% Wake of Eternity max charge (from 200% to 500% total)... on corner fragments only

I'm gonna have full inventory before even getting 2!

rangedfighter
rangedfighter
18 posts
Peasant

the inventory is far to small, I already suggested to atleast include an extra page in the magicians pouch

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

Do you save different fragments for different things? I've idly thought about doing that but I can't be bothered, basically, so inventory room isn't an issue for me. I can see how it would be if I decided to have different sets for different purposes. Shrine charge, skill boosts, etc. Right now I'm still basically finding the worst equipped fragment to replace with the best just-found fragment. I still have a good number of 50s and 60s to replace, and then eventually the 70s and 80s.

Edit - I just destroy/convert to shadow cores fragments I won't ever use. Inventory is usually empty.

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

Can't edit again - so next question is... what do you think affects the drop chance?

Does each wave have a chance to drop a talisman no matter how many monsters?
Do more monsters mean more chances?
Does angering a wave affect talisman drop chance?
Are higher wave numbers better?
I've done maps and not seen a single talisman until endurance. In fact, last night I tried to farm talismans (700+billion xp from that attempt) and didn't see a single one until endurance, and then I got 6. Most of which sucked even with the quality improvements from traits and haunting, but still...

XasdZbaa
XasdZbaa
9 posts
Peasant

which field, difficulty, and traits you play with are the only things that affect talisman drops

edit: well, the rarity booster too, of course

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

Most of the things you listed there affect the talisman *quality*, but there's no way to know about effects on *drop rate*. (other than a whole lot more statistical record keeping than I am willing to even consider.)

cooltang
cooltang
9 posts
Peasant

Best way to do it is get 3 talisman the normal run, and then another 3 in endless, so your not wasting anything.

Max you can get is 6 per field btw.

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

Still can't get over 95, and now I have multiple 95s I don't even like, sitting in my inventory waiting for me to recycle them.

Think I'm getting pretty tired of this latest installment, to be honest. I'm not at all sorry I got the pouch, because I definitely enjoyed (most) of the time I spent playing, but now I'm banging my head against a wall and it's just not fun any more. Maybe after a week or three I'll come back and finish all non-haunting maps (incredibly easy at my level) and do another mana/xp run, but for now... Soured.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

Isn't it something like a 1/26 chance to get a rarity 100 on y6? can't remember if that's per play or per fragment.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Inthrees manafarming is fun, because no lag.

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

I'll give it a try again, but 1/26th chance multiplied by all the fragment slots, multiplied by "No I don't want higher kill chain cooldown, seriously, gooby pls" and other 'useless' stats... I don't see myself min-maxing here. =P

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Don't have to min/max. Just aim at getting a total of +15 to All Skills (each piece having All Skills on it).

Showing 1-15 of 16