Guides:

No MP walkthrough

Premium game walkthrough

Extreme endgame guide - second iteration

Vision field walkthrough

Secrets guide

SP distribution guide

Discussion threads:

Endgame tactics after v1.1 - discussion about tactics after one of the major updates

New gem recipes finished and ready to use - most recent supergem recipes announcement thread

Crusade for a Grade 100 Gem - top-grade gem pictures

gem combining schemes competition - supergem competition thread

semi-optimal combining method for mana gems and amps - original thread about new supergem methods

1024 hardcore upgrading - thread about 1024-combine upgrading method

Other work:

gemforce git repository - all currently best gem recipes are there, more detailed info in readme.

GC parameters - list of formulas used by the game

Beacon farming - best fields to farm XP on beacons

Late waves HP calcullator

Outdated walkthroughs:
They may contain some useful information, but are generally outdated

0-100 level guide

Low-level guide

Rapid leveling up guide

End-game guide

If you want this thread to be updated, just mention me with the information what to add/change by @psorek somewhere on AG forum.

• 66 Replies
Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

But angering is commonly cited as a primary strategy to get to the levels you are talking about. And if the pouch is not available to you, it is the only way to garner increased xp once you have maxed out the increased difficulty ratings available.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

sure, forgot about non-pouch users

Moreno218
Moreno218
1 posts
Nomad

anyone help me please how i do to take sealed gem on field O3 or O5 is prisioned on a tomb i need another gem at same level ? ty so much

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

@Moreno218: you simply can't. It's an element of the stage (banishing monsters sometimes if I'm correct).

callmeishmael
callmeishmael
57 posts
Nomad

Found this: Step by step mana trap farming tutorial for HUGE XP gains - mid-to-late-game on the Gemcraft: Chasing Shadows sub-Reddit.

The post is well written and it's aimed at mid (lvl 75-100) to late game players. The method does require the Pouch because it requires Red gems.
No super gemming or gem weaving, just create the 3-component mana gem and killgem, as well as the 2-component amp gems per instructions and U upgrade from there.

Does it work? It sure does. Following the instructions I made a run on Q5 with all Battle Traits, including Mana Lock, maxed and I went from lvl 1753 to lvl 2017.

It's an interesting alternative and, I believe, definitely worth a look.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

I'm not allowed to post links from outside ArmorGames here

callmeishmael
callmeishmael
57 posts
Nomad

I'm not allowed to post links from outside ArmorGames here

Wha? Why? Your work on GS:CS is an invaluable contribution to us higher level obsessive-compulsive gamers. Speaking of whom, I am going to try the method described in the article using your 16-combine for the basegems.
callmeishmael
callmeishmael
57 posts
Nomad

Using 16-combine basegems is working very well. I'm too lazy and disorganized for supergemming and this combination is giving me a few hundred levels per run so I'm staying with it.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

It's "official subject with links to other subjects" - sorry not my decision.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

You should add the "Gem better than 32-spec" thread here, because it contains info and alternative different methods for a base mana gem and some good discussion.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

callmeishmael, that guide you posted has lots of errors about levels on it. The guide may have useful tips, but what levels you accomplish things at in the guide are totally wrong. The person who posted it (at level 3000) probably completely forgot when things happen in the game. There's no way you are getting grade 12 gems or finishing the entire game at level 30.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Offtopic get out.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

That was an odd, nonsensical post. (?)

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Thunderrider's "offtopic, get out" was NOT directed at you, Erile. There was some other, offtopic post made, and Thunder was telling that person to get out of the thread. And someone has since removed that post. So, don't worry about it.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Ok, that makes more sense.

That's incidentally a great example of why normally you don't reply, you just report.

Showing 31-45 of 66