ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: Current bugs

15 3125
polarbear1982
polarbear1982
6 posts
Farmer

Anyone else run into the bug where you have a couple of monsters that have 0 life, but won't vanish off your screen? And if so, do you happen to know how to push past it? I have 13.6 billion xp BEFORE the max multiplier (all possible xp boosts), with the intent of breaking the 1 trillion mark.

I had started this current game on Sunday, and have been using afternoons to boost the manafarm gems repeatedly. (I was starting to hit e25 mana)

I was using Psorek's method for gem creation for a mana farm. If I just lost days of grinding... that might have just killed any interest in trying again.

• 15 Replies
crazyworkins
crazyworkins
34 posts
Herald

Sometimes there are beacons or spires that my gems won't recognize. I'll have them set to that priority, and even if I eliminate everything else on screen, it won't shoot at them. The only solution I've found is to use bombs and hope it's enough.

polarbear1982
polarbear1982
6 posts
Farmer

the problem is that these two have 0 health left. I've hit them with dozens of level 50 gembombs, hit them with shrines (which register 2 kills, but the mobs don't vanish), and have even demolished all traps, and towers nearby them. Nothing works.

Not in endurance, btw. That would've made for a simple solution.

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

I have never had that happen to me.

I presume that these 0 HP monsters just waltz up and start stealing your orblets? Were it not for the orblets I would suggest letting them get banished (which would, if you have another trait selected, restore a chunk of their HP) and then trying to kill them when they come back through your killing field.

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

I feel you on the losing time grinding. I've tried to 88-100 Map Y6 TWICE now and both times lag made me gem bomb too much before the pre-endurance playthrough ended. With corrupted banishment there was just nothing I could. I was only at 5 billion xp the first time, but that was still an entire day gone.

The second time I was on track for probably 7-9 billion xp (pre multiplier) and I got the grey circle of death after switching to a different tab. Doh.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

I've seen the above bugs many times as well. Monsters or beacons (happily not spires yet) that you can't target with towers or traps, but keep on operating.

Luckily, as @crazyworkins said, bombs do work. I've also noticed that once a non-targetable monster gets banished, they become targetable again.

polarbear1982
polarbear1982
6 posts
Farmer

Actually, they weren't moving. As you can see, they were both frozen. And the VERY frustrating part was that the timers on the freeze/curse/slow weren't dropping. I actually let them sit overnight, in hopes that they would eventually move, then die. No dice.

Basically, 2 mobs that were frozen, not responding to ANYTHING, gembombs (poison and others), wasps, shrines, Wake of Eternity... nothing.

http://i.imgur.com/g8EXtVf.jpg

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Ok, interesting. I get the problem where monsters keep moving, but they are not being attacked/targeted by anything on screen. They can be hurt by gem bombs, and they still cost banishment.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Update:
I just now had this happen with a shadow. Happily, the shadow was 90% dead by the time the bug emerged. Wake of Eternity could still effect, which allowed me to damage it enough to finish it with a gem bomb.

Since the Forgotten took over my screen at the same time, I very nearly lost the level...

polarbear1982
polarbear1982
6 posts
Farmer

I think I might be taking a break from trying for massive XP returns until Peter can work a few more bugs out. (Hopefully he won't nerf anything else in the meantime.)

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

I did 4.5e12 XP run in .17c, it's surely possible. Never had any of described bugs.

Calimero75
Calimero75
7 posts
Shepherd

I also experienced the untargetable beacons (in my case) bug today. I supposed it may be related to gem resocketing beacons at the time.

polarbear1982
polarbear1982
6 posts
Farmer

I am wondering if perhaps he already fixed the bug that I experienced. The game in which this bug occurred had been started on 5/25/14, has there been another update since then?

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

I just posted that I experienced all of those bugs yesterday.

polarbear1982
polarbear1982
6 posts
Farmer

You posted that you experienced a bug where your gems weren't targeting a shadow which apparently could still be affected by gem bombs and WoE, which is a different bug than what I had experienced.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

I posted that I couldn't target beacons, monsters, and a shadow. The monsters had 0 xp and couldn't be killed just like yours. All of that happened yesterday. Its probably all the same related bug.

Showing 1-15 of 15