ForumsWEPRcan you beleive this?

27 12458
awsomejazz123
awsomejazz123
346 posts
Scribe

the government is "supposedly" thinking that a zombie attack could happen...really? what do you think?

• 27 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Even if a zombie apocalypse got a gratuitous head start, it would be utterly destroyed by harsh climate, wild animals, and men with guns.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

@awsomejazz123
Could you provide some sort of link to back up what you say?

Even if a zombie apocalypse got a gratuitous head start, it would be utterly destroyed by harsh climate, wild animals, and men with guns.

That would all depend on how the zombie operates and how far we are stretching the definition.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

He's been on I ****ing Love Science it sounds like. Here is a link to their article.

Its a training tool used for doing stuff with large scale planing

This CNN article seems to explain it better than the IFLS article does.

~~~Darth Caedus

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

That would all depend on how the zombie operates and how far we are stretching the definition.

I was thinking of the classic zombie, where they have muscle atrophy and epidermal rot, eliminating any sort of protection against the weather.
awsomejazz123
awsomejazz123
346 posts
Scribe

I have heard that a zombie doesn't pay attention to animals...so if zombies start attacking just hide in a carcass.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

An imaginary zombie apocalypse is a good exercise in large scale, unforeseen, disaster planning with continual risk. Although it wouldn't happen.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I was thinking of the classic zombie, where they have muscle atrophy and epidermal rot, eliminating any sort of protection against the weather.

There are two types at least in that category. You have the Romero zombies with the ability to be killed by a shot to the head, shamble around and are rather unintelligent. Those would likely not do to well against what you suggest. Another type however are the brain eating zombies from Return of the Living Dead. Those you can chop into pieces and the pieces will come after you. They also appear to possess some level of intelligence on par to how they were when they were alive and have shown to be able to work together and set traps. This is however hampered by the crazed behavior and extreme pain they are in from being dead.

Seeing this is in the WEPR realistically these zombies are unlike to ever exist. There are whoever things that exist that could (if it ever migrated to affecting humans) induce a zombie like state on a mass population. Examples would be certain parasites or fungal infections that affect the brain. Of course these wouldn't actually be zombies in the definition of a reanimated corpse.

As for the training plan it's not a bad idea. There are real world catastrophes that could happen that could impact nationally or even globally. Having training to deal with an "apocalyptic /post apocalyptic" scenario is a good thing to have. Planning for a zombie apocalypse can make one ready to handle many other real world dangers such as dealing with large storms, earthquakes, etc.
awsomejazz123
awsomejazz123
346 posts
Scribe

now i don't know if my friend was kidding or not but she told me that in a science lab the government is working on using zombies for wars.....if they are they really shouldn't mess with that kind of power.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

So, sending brain damaged civilians to fight in place of soldiers? I don't see that happening any time soon.

awsomejazz123
awsomejazz123
346 posts
Scribe

so far they have the zombies eyes moving and their hands moving too. sometimes I wonder if my friend is messing with me, but it was in the news a year ago, and my dad saw it too.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

I don't think they are preparing for anything, militaries just need different scenarios for the troops and apparently someone was bored. The Switzerland military once offended some French because one of their scenario consisted of France splitting up due to civil war and one of the resulting regions wanting money from Switzerland. I don't see that happen anytime, but they still used such a scenario. And who knows what other scenarios were imagined...

so far they have the zombies eyes moving and their hands moving too. sometimes I wonder if my friend is messing with me, but it was in the news a year ago, and my dad saw it too.

This furiously sounds like a hoax. Or the media does what the media does and misinformed through sensationalist headlines. What do they call 'zombies' anyway? You got a link?
minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

Supposedly Zombies were the corpses that raised from death after all these years they changed them a lot.Old zombies lasted a year to get you now zombies run behind you like if they were Usain Bolt

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

According to the plan itself (the cnn article I linked has a link to a pdf of the plan), it was designed primarily to deal with apocalyptic planning, and they chose zombies because they didn't want people thinking that it was actually happening.

~~~Darth Caedus

bluesky4us
bluesky4us
30 posts
Nomad

conspiracy theory.

what about the NSA witch is not a conspiracy.

uncle same is always watching. always

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

If a zoombie breakout happened just wait. Eventually their muscles will break down due to them not being able to repair like ours do.

Showing 1-15 of 27