ForumsPopular MediaFrozen?

14 7229
awsomejazz123
awsomejazz123
346 posts
Scribe

so I went to the movie with my brother. it was OK but not exactly the best movie I have seen. and now I heard that they're making a "supposedly" sequel
(or so my friend says) why do I have a feeling that's going to be worse than the first?

• 14 Replies
wishfulpoison77
wishfulpoison77
124 posts
Nomad

Are they really? I didn't know that!

I really liked it tho.

Spin off, but what about Let It Go? Did you like it? Everyone I know IRL really hates it, but I'm not sure how I feel about it.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

I thought the first movie was ok. The soundtrack is really good, but I didn't know that Disney, apparently, is going to make a sequel. Where did you get this info from?

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i havnt watched it yet. but iv watched let it go.

im so addicted to that song that i know it by heart in english, german, hebrew and japanese (and french will be soon added to this list).

this might be too quick to say but i think im gonna love this movie.

Spin off, but what about Let It Go? Did you like it? Everyone I know IRL really hates it, but I'm not sure how I feel about it.

for this one, this song suffers from what many popular things suffer:

"im gonna love this because everybody else loves it"
"im gonna hate this because everybody else loves it"
"im gonna hate this because everybody else hates it"
"im gonna love it because everybody else hates it"

happens alot with things that become extremely popular extremely fast. unfortunately there arent many people who simply "love it because i love it".

i think the lyrics of the song are very deep and they are so easy to relate to.
i think the melody of the song is very amazing as well. it starts fairly low to show some sad passive feelings, switches from accaptance to defyence of the situation, to shyingly breaking out of your shell, and to the amazing ending that is sung with confidence.

even if your not a huge fan of this genre i really cant see why you should hate this song. neutral? ok. but id like to hear a more specific logical reason.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

im so addicted to that song that i know it by heart in english, german, hebrew and japanese (and french will be soon added to this list).

This just reminds me I need to finish memorizing the song in Japanese.

Oh well, I also have Let Em Burn, GTS: Let it Go, and parts of It is Cold in my head already.

Really annoying when I try to sing Let it Go and add in some Let Em Burn lyrics or vice versa.

heard that they're making a "supposedly" sequel
Frozen is being adapted into a broadway play; Elsa (and maybe Anna) will be appearing in Once Upon a Time as well.

~~~Darth Caedus
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Love Let It Go. Listened to the Multi-Language version a bit to much probably. Finally got over it but I still like the song.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Let It Go is one of those songs that everybody sings and talks about. It gets annoying. The only song I like in that movie is "The First Time In Forever" it's happy and all. Also, Disney isn't ready for that dark stuff. I thought Elsa would become a villan and have this big fight, I thought too far.

DarthTyrannausarus
DarthTyrannausarus
538 posts
Nomad

This movie was OK, but the kids at my school sang "Let it Go" WAY too much. That song gets annoying, but the "Ice Queen" portion was really cool. It would be awesome to have powers like that.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

The movie was middle of the pack as far as disney movies go, That song is one of the greatest disney songs made in a while though. I would love to see a darker, edgier version like snow white and the huntsman (without kristen stewart, please, gods.)

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

without kristen stewart, please, gods.)
This just in, Kristen Stewart set to play Elsa in Once Upon a Time. Kappa.

That song gets annoying,
Listen to it in Japanese, goes from annoying to awesome because good singer, can't understand what's being said and better lyrics (imo, iirc the translations correctly the Japanese words provide a stronger message)

~~~Darth Caedus
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

You guys should thank me for introducing it to Jacen. :L

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

This just in, Kristen Stewart set to play Elsa in Once Upon a Time. Kappa.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Darth-Vader-Noooo-300x300.jpg
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

This is better, it has lyrics and stuff.

There was a mirrored lyrical vid on youtube, but it got taken down and the account deleted.

~~~Darth Caedus

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Listen to it in Japanese, goes from annoying to awesome because good singer, can't understand what's being said and better lyrics (imo, iirc the translations correctly the Japanese words provide a stronger message)

so what about the different versions?

personally i like the german version the most. i think the lyrics talking about freedom are kind of better.

when it comes to the lyrics only though the polish version wins by far... just read the subtitles...
stefeyboy
stefeyboy
19 posts
Nomad

It's a cute movie, and the kids will love it. I personally thought that this movie was only mediocre for a disney movie though.

Showing 1-14 of 14