ForumsSupport ForumDoes Armor Games run slowly for you?

18 18138
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Sometimes I can't get anything to work, while other days it runs along fine. I've always assumed it was because of my ISP, but I'm not sure. How about you?

• 18 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I have not been having any problems with the site recently, so it's probably not the site.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Is Disqus working properly?
I haven't had a reply in a while now.
Maybe people are just ignoring me. >:/

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

There's nothing wrong with Disqus as far as I'm aware. People just don't seem to be commenting as often as they used to with the new system.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

The site always runs just fine for me. I haven't experienced any slowness as far as I can remember. If you have generally slow internet service, that's probably what's causing the site to run slowly. Do you experience the same sluggishness on other sites?

Xzaithyr
Xzaithyr
138 posts
Bard

From my lengthy time being and avid member of both AG and Kongregate, I can, at least for myself say that AG runs slow. At least it does now. Ever since the site was revamped (removal of AP and all that stuff) I find this site to be much laggier than it used to be. My assumption was the lag is being caused by the ads, though I cannot say for sure. The only game I can think of at the moment is Cursed Treasure 2. Works fine for me on Kong, but here on AG when hitting the speed up button, there is massive lag spikes, especially in the higher stages. This could just be coincidence of me being on AG when my internet is being a slow piece of crap, but that seems unlikely. Not trying to knock on AG, just putting what I've experienced myself out there.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Do you experience the same sluggishness on other sites?

It's usually a consistent speed everywhere else, which is why I'm unsure. This is the only place that seems to give me considerable trouble.

As for the ads, that may be the culprit. Will try out some things.
bobalego
bobalego
2 posts
Nomad

I play Deadzone on Armor games and facebook. Armorgames is absolutely, like using a dial up computer compared to facebook...this problem started about 5 months ago, give or take a month...about to quit playing on Armorgames..unless someone has advice.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@bobalego I would suggest trying to buy AFG+ for a few weeks. It will remove ads, and free up some CPU for you to play games. It costs 99 cents. In our testing, and from feedback of most our users, everything is fine on moderate to lower-end systems.

That being said, Dead Zone can be a bit intensive.

Naphalem1
Naphalem1
23 posts
Shepherd

I've been having speed improvements using Opera. They have a click to play setting for plug-ins. This speeds things up a little by having video ads and the like not load until you click them. Helps me a lot for sites. It's a free way to stop a lot of ads.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I'm using Google Chrome and everything runs fine for the most part, but I am getting some lag on King of Towers, the whole game is just really laggy and it's hard to do much of anything.

Atuarre
Atuarre
2 posts
Farmer

I also have problems with King of Towers. The game lags and in battles it increases.

Rstorm74
Rstorm74
1 posts
Peasant

I also encounter big problems of slowness on King of Towers rowing lot ...
All other games at Armor Games are OK except KoT ...
I have 3 Pc including a very recent and powerful with all the latest browsers and updates java ...
I think the game is not optimized for speed , but the events are too numerous and poorly programmed .
but I love playing this game ... so I hope that these delays bugs will be corrected quickly.

slitza
slitza
1 posts
Farmer

Same here.
At work I have an i7, 16 gig ram, gtx650ti boost, 10mbps internet and only KoT lags on armorgames.
At home I have an i5, 16 gig ram, gtx970, 4mbps internet and only KoT lags on armorgames.

Johawk81
Johawk81
1 posts
Nomad

i'm trying to play strikeForce kitty 2 and the lag is absolutely killing me any suggestions?

wperry42
wperry42
1 posts
Peasant

I shut off my ad blocker and it is lightning fast now

Showing 1-15 of 18