ForumsGamesGemcraft CS Suggestion for gameplay update

12 2794
smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

man, how i hate hitting the "G" key for combining.

why not just move a gem in the inventory over another and when you let it down
it's combined. that would save time and improve the gameplay.

• 12 Replies
cronos51
cronos51
108 posts
Nomad

Very bad idea as you can't switch 2 gems from one slot to another one then - which is necessary for bombing, for example.
Only solution: You would have to hit whatever key for switching gems instead of doing that for combining.

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

why should i switch gems for bombing ?

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

Lets put it another way:
Say you place a slowing gem down. Then you go to place the mana gem in an adjacent trap, and your finger slips. Oops. You just crippled your epic mana gem by combining it with the slowing gem.

You also have "u" for direct upgrade, shift+g+click and ctrl+g+click for bulk combining, and d for duplicate.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Imagine duplicating a grade-15 gem, having little or no mana, and then bombing that gem onto a wave stone when you wanted to bomb said wave stone

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

If I could combine without pressing g I don't think it would save any time. Plus with lag it's helpful to get the visual feedback of the combine icon lighting up so I actually combine instead of swap.

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

ok, everyone has a different gaming style.

i create my favorit gem at the start, duplicate it a few times and put the gems
into some towers. after this i only upgrade them in the towers every few waves.

my inventory is empty. then i create a bombing gem, duplicate it 35 x and start bombing. and so on ...

now if you have some gems in your inventory you want to keep for later action you still can move them to empty slots at the bottom of your inventory
as bombing starts from top to bottom. only if your invetory is full this could be a problem.

i assume you use shift+b for bombing. when you have gems in your inventory you won't use for bombing you always have to be careful ....

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Shift-B for bombing? That clutters the gem box too much, IMO.

B-shift, that's where its at! That takes the gem closest to the top of the gem box, and each mouse click, duplicates it AND bombs where you clicked.

1 bomb in inventory, hundreds of dropped bombs, much better than having to manually create those hundreds of bombs that you intend to drop!

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

that's a good technique, astroshak.

will use it in the future.

Jazzknight
Jazzknight
5 posts
Farmer

Hit 'B' (or click with the mouse cursor) and then hold CTRL+SHIFT while clicking on your target (wave stone or critter). That works just like Astroshak described and the keys are closer together.

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

will test both techniques.

at the moment i don' bomb, just beating the fields on haunting difficulty.
even with wizzard level 1013 some fields* are still hard and i gave up on them for now.

( * A6 and B3 at the moment, i cleared E, F, G, H, I complete so far, D and C are the next to conquer ...)

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

D cleared. very easy. now on to C.

no new field tokens so far .....

liguid
liguid
1 posts
Shepherd

Astroshak thank you so much for the tip, now it's a lot easier

Showing 1-12 of 12