ForumsGamesGame Idea, would love some help :)

1 1477
Nifty62
Nifty62
3 posts
Nomad

Alrighty, here is my idea.

A city builder game that have a more 'real' feel to the way that things progress.

It starts off as a group of people on a large island. Perhaps shipwrecked or marooned. I'm hoping eventually to have a system that would randomly generate an island to increase replay value.

In the start of the game, the main goal would be survival. Basic housing could be built, foraging, hunting, and basic fishing for food.

Now, as a person does a particular job, he or she becomes more experienced at that job. Once the person reaches a point of experience you gain the ability to do higher level things, for example:

A builder gaining experience would give you access to higher tier buildings, better housing, etc etc.

An experienced forager could eventually give way to basic farming.

This type of system would simulate a civilization slowly learning to do things better, and advancing to higher levels of technology.

Initially your population would only grow from births, being an unknown island there wouldn't be any immigration or trade at first except for some natives. The natives on the island are fickle, they could like you and trade with you, or they could hate you and wage war with you.

I'd like the natives actions toward the player to be representative of your own actions. Build on their land and they will dislike you, give them food during a famine and they will love you, etc etc.

When you reach a certain point you go from being a group of survivors, to an actual civilization with a government and currency. At that point, immigration and trade could begin as well as government buildings and tax collection.

I have many more ideas, but I wanted to give a good representation of my ultimate goal. I realize this is a loafty goal and that baby steps might be required and that is fine. In fact I thought about doing a very basic version of the game from a top down view where people would simply be colored circles lol.

Anyway, here is where I will be honest. I'm an amateur flash artist. I don't have the needed skills to do the programming, sound, or even all the graphics.

That being the case, if the game gets made and we monetize it, I'm more than willing to split the profit with the higher percentages going to the other contributors. I would consider my profit to be the learning experience itself.

So thats the project. If you loved games like Zeus, Civ City Rome, and other great builders and also enjoy passing on your knowledge to those seeking to become better, please leave a post here or PM me.

If you are a hobbyist and you would like to help out from time to time, thats fine too. I'm just looking to get a start and learn at the same time.

If you are not interested in getting involved but have advice or suggestions, please feel free to let me know.

• 1 Reply
Nifty62
Nifty62
3 posts
Nomad

Here is a sample of my flash work. And I'm by no means bragging. I admit that I'm a newb.

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q635/Nifty62/rifle.png

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q635/Nifty62/handgun.png

Showing 1-1 of 1