ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: 1024 hardcore upgrading

57 20242
xroads42
xroads42
87 posts
Farmer

hi,

i am doing the 1024 upgrading method and comparing with 16-method. both start with 32 mana gem creation.
here is the 32-16 gem grade 20
http://s28.postimg.org/oif2x27e5/3216.png
and the mana equi 32-1024 grade 21 gem
http://s18.postimg.org/8dkwxp73t/321024.png

lets see how far i can get

• 57 Replies
cronos51
cronos51
108 posts
Nomad

Well, I'm close to a 100% sure that it works like that. Feel free to do another test to confirm.

The multiplier raises extremely slow and by no means is the decisive factor in gaining mana.

TheMalT
TheMalT
11 posts
Jester

@Thunderrider:
Cool, somebody saw my diagram and was totally confuses ;-)

I'll try to break it down a little since you asked...

The whole concept of supergemming is based on delaying the switch to a new grade. To keep a little simpler lets assume my diagram is for upgrading a G1 orange gem. You start in the center with the supergemming of a grade 2 (blue G2 gem with a grey "2&quot by consecutively adding 5 G1's. After the first combination, the resulting gem is still a G2, but costs 3x as much as a G1. Thats why there is a "3" printed under the "+". A box encloses the two gems and the plus sign to show the order of combinations for a row of gems linked by + signs.

Because the result is still a G2, the background of that combination is still blue, the color I chose to represent G2's. As you add more G1's, that blue background becomes darker. As a last step in that section after adding 5 G1's to a G2 to get a G2 that is worth 7 G1's, you combine with a regular G2 for a resulting G3 that costs 9 G1's. This change in grade is easily seen because the background is now green and the resulting gem with a net cost of 9 also has a green background color.

This color change by upgrading is nice to see to the right of the G3 with a cost of 9. It represents the standard "u" upgrading by starting with a G1 (two grey gems on a blue background) that become a blue G2, combining with a second blue G2 on green background to get the green G3 with a cost of 4. Doubling that gets you a G4 (red) with a cost of 8 and again for a G5 (magenta) with a cost of 16.

I intensively use my diagram in the late stages of a run when I upgrade the amplifier gems to G101e. The mana increases too slowly to wait for the whole 1024x initial gem cost. You can then easily pick which step to create from what you have sitting in your amplifiers and how much mana is available. Just don't forget to keep a copy of the initial gem around.

One "bug" is in the diagram, though. In the small sub-section with the 23 + 6 + 2, there should be a green box around the 6 + 2, the 8-cost G3 copies of which are used a couple of times in the second row.

Hope this clarifies a bit, feel free to ask more specific questions...

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

I know how to supergem XD. I was one of the first people to break down the 64-combine into parentheses from psorek's numbers to help people.

Main problem is I got no idea where to start from in your formula. Probably cause its easier for me to decipher "code"(letters, g = gem, and parentheses) than diagrams. I still don't exactly understand why the 64-C diagram is that way....I do it backwards compared to that lol.

So now I hope you understand why it's so hard for me to follow that. Also, I see some arrows from in-between supergemming that go to another row. Are they duplicates?

And if you have time to spare, could you PLEASE put it into parentheses form? :P Thanks.

TheMalT
TheMalT
11 posts
Jester

The arrows indeed are duplicates. The problem with "where to start" is that this scheme is highly interwoven and has a lot of elements (53 to be exact only some of which are NOT used multiple times). I will give your parentheses-request a try without guarantee that it is correct. The convention here is 1,2,3 -- "u"-upgraded G1->G2->G3; letters with numbers behind them -- supergem with it's cost. I only introduced letters for combined gems that occur more than once (with the exception of X and Y). Surprisingly, although Psorek defines 53 species of gems, 26 letters suffice...

G1:

G2:
2 = 1+1; A(3) = 2+1; B(4) = A+1; C(5) = B+1; D(6) = C+1

G3:
3 = 2+2
E(9) = (D+1) + 2 = ((((((1+1)+1)+1)+1)+1)+1) + (1+1)) [sub-section in my diagram starting with 9=...]
F(11) = E+2; G(14) = F+A; H(18) = G+B; I(23) = H+C; J(29) = I+D
K(8) = D+2; L(10) = K+2

G4:
4 = 3+3
M(38) = J+E; N(47) = M+E; O(58) = N+F
P(31) = K+I
Q(27) = ((((L+2)+A)+B)+K
R(12) = K+3

G5:
S(100) = ((((L+J)+E)+F)+G)+Q
T(39) = Q+R

G6:
U(139) = S+T
V(59) = T+(R+4)

G7:
W(198) = U+V

Final G9:
Z(1024) = (V+((((C+2)+3)+4)+(4+4)))+W) + ( W + ( U + ( S + (((((((O+G)+H)+P)+P)+M)+N)+O) ) ) )

That last one is confusing so lets break it into two G8:
X(292) = V+((((C+2)+3)+4) + (4+4)))+W
Y(732) = W + ( U + ( S + (((((((O+G)+H)+P)+P)+M)+N)+O) ) )
Z(1024) = X+Y

Hope that helps ;-)

TheMalT
TheMalT
11 posts
Jester

I thought it was self-explanatory that you start where there are G1's to combine and then look around where the resulting gems go ;-) I'm myself more of a visual person and have a short attention span. In the paranthesized version below, I immediately forget, what is substituted e.g. by the letter O and need to look that up. In a graphic diagram, this "looking up" is a little easier. The arrows then help to track, where duplicates of the created intermediate gem go.

Some bracketing errors snuck in, by the way. Here the corrected lines:

Final G9:
Z(1024) = ( (V+((((C+2)+3)+4)+(4+4))) + W ) + ( W + ( U + ( S + (((((((O+G)+H)+P)+P)+M)+N)+O) ) ) )

That last one is confusing so lets break it into two G8:
X(292) = (V+((((C+2)+3)+4) + (4+4))) + W
Y(732) = W + ( U + ( S + (((((((O+G)+H)+P)+P)+M)+N)+O) ) )
Z(1024) = X+Y

Hope that helps ;-)

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

http://imgur.com/Qg6xQR1 ...

That might be a bit easier to read. Sorry, that's just an image of the document, I don't have the document itself uploaded anywhere.

To use it, just follow at the top and go from right to left.
A 2 means it is a (g+g) ... a 1 is just a g.
Each cell is its own gem that you add to the gem you made previously.
After you finish a line, add it to the gem you made in the previous line.
There are a couple of places where I had to call out "subgems" - those are the numbers such as 8, 10, 11, 12, up to 90. Treat those lines as the gem you make for that cell in the line that called it out.

The columns on the right are for the first iteration only. They tell you the total cost of the gem so far (after you finish the line) and the cost of the gem you made for that line alone, before adding it in to the previous gem.

HOWEVER - this is apparently the second generation of 1024 upgrades. I was not aware of this until recently, that the 1024 got revised somewhat. This 1024 is structurally different from the one on the pastebin linked and diagrammed earlier in this thread.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Where have you got it from? I just would like to be sure that it's "right" and most recent version of it

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Okay, it's vesion I thought it is. BTW, I can try to generate easier diagrams for it -
in form of A+B=C. Do you need that?

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Whooooo - I just did my very first 1024c... One pass took me ... ONE HOUR!
... I hope, I get faster after a while...

Greetings from a snail...
btw: The spreadsheet helps a lot, but might be optimized

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

I'm sure it could be optimized somewhat.

There are a couple of gems in there that could be called subgems, that I chose not to. Line 4, for example, could be called a subgem for every gem that follows it, except for lines 5 and 6. Line 9 could be called a subgem for lines 10 and 11.

The reason I did not do the first is because it would make creating the other gems on all lines that start with it more annoying to create.

The reason I did not do the second is because it is just too easy to simply see the "dupe twice, set aside, make a 38, combine with one dupe, then make a 36 and a 56 and combine with the other dupe".

The other primary means I could have simplified the spreadsheet would have been to order the subgems in a manner more reflective upon the order they are used. I chose instead to go by their callout numbers.

For what its worth, the way I use the spreadsheet is fairly simple. I tend to keep no unnecessary gems in the gem box between steps; just the current in-progress stuff and the occasional dupe (or two).

The spreadsheet is real easy to use, though. I start off by looking at the first cell in the line, and then making dupes (filling the bottom of the gem box) as needed to make that very first gem. A 2+1+1+1+1+1+2 would get 9 dupes, other gems get 8 or even only 7. I then start combining; if it ended in a +2 I'd take the upper left and combine it with the upper middle (of those nine). Next, take the middle left and combine down. I'd then look at the rest of the line, asking "is there any point where I need a straight up 2 gem?" - if yes, I'd dupe the 2 and set it aside. Then I'll combine that 2 into the bottom middle, into a 2+1 .. and if the rest of the line calls for a 2+1 (it usually does) I'd dupe that once or twice, as called for. Then combine the original 2+1 to the right once, making a 2+1+1 in the lower right corner. Looking at the rest of the line, including some subgems, if a 2+1+1 is called for, I'd dupe it and either set it aside, or (more likely, if it is called for in the main line) move it to the left column just above the two 2+1's. Combine the original 2+1+1 up one, into the middle of the right hand column, into a 2+1+1+1. Check the gem's line on the spreadsheet, if a 2+1+1+1 is called for, dupe it and move it to just above the 2+1+1 (or the two 2+1's if there is no 2+1+1). I would follow that pattern, building up along the left column of the gem box, making the second, third, fourth, and so on, including most subgems, and then finish the initial gem and start eating gems from the bottom up. As long as the cost matches the expected cost in the spreadsheet, I know that I've made it correctly and can combine it with the gem in progress.

For the most part I will not have any gems in the gem box from one line to the next other than the gem in progress. Any time I make and set aside a gem (such as a 2) it is because I am going to be using it in some gem later in the spreadsheet line, or because I am about to use one of the dupes as a shortcut for the very next line. An example of that would be the gem in line 9. I would make that, check the cost, then dupe it twice. Combine the original into the gem in progress, then make the subgem 38, combine it with one dupe, check cost and combine with gem in progress. Then make the 36 and combine with the last dupe, then make the 56 and combine with the last dupe, check price, and combine with the gem in progress.

I get too confused if I've got gems lying around for a lot of steps that I'd not had any callouts for; I forget just what the heck I was saving. Or, if there are several such gems, I forget which is which and get them majorly confused.

speederly
speederly
2 posts
Scribe

i dont understand how i can build 1024 combine ? on page 4 have one picture but i cant do it ?

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Yea, I could not follow that thing on page 4 either.

That's why I made the spreadsheet. You might try following it instead.

Showing 46-57 of 57