ForumsThe TavernI want to play another game...

70 28395
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Are you prepared to go down the rabbit hole again?

Some of you may remember "I want to play a game...". Some of you won't, in which case, you might have memory problems or just weren't on the forums at the time (but that doesn't mean you don't have memory problems). The puzzles are back. This time, things will work a bit differently. There are still puzzles, but there is also a poorly cobbled together storyline to go with it! Yay!

You can follow the story here:
"The Forumnauts and the Quest for ???"

Along with the story will be puzzles to be solved. As the Puzzlesmaster, I am the only user with the correct solutions to the puzzles. Also, I will not be giving any hints or clues directly. In the event that a puzzle is unsolved for too long, clues will be provided in the subsequent story updates with the aid of the Knights. Yes, some of the Knights are joining in on this misadventure. They will aid in plot and clue-giving if necessary, but they do not know the solution.

The original game 'ended' with the secret word being posted in the secret thread. In this game, there will be multiple secret words and secret secret words that can be posted to the secret thread to receive credit (and merit) for solving the puzzle correctly. Credit defaults to whoever actually solved it, so if you post the secret word but someone else solved the puzzle the right way, that someone else will receive the credit. Not every puzzle will have a secret word, but the secret word is required to solve some puzzles.

Keep an eye out for secret secret words. They're like Easter eggs and don't really help with the puzzles.

In summary:
Story, puzzles, and clues come from the story thread. Please do not post there.
Secret words go to the secret thread. Post there if you have a secret word or secret secret word.
Puzzle discussion can go on in this thread.

The first puzzle is up. Get solving!

• 70 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Ok, I think part of the game thing has to do with what Gantic said on the story thread, which was;

Please do not post to this thread if you are not approved. Unapproved posts will be removed.

If you can't tell, those 2 sentences rhymed. Why it should matter? I have no idea, but everyone knows Gantic has something up his ears.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

TO THE KNIGHTS OF ARMOR GAMES,

IT HAS COME TO THE ATTENTION OF ____ ___ THAT _____ __
________ ___ ____ ________.
FOR THE _____ OF THE _______.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm interested in how you got that Fish.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

A single line with a comma suggests that it's a letter format, like "Dear Soandso,". He said it was for the knights, so the most logical wording is "To the knights of Armor Games". The rest was just inferred by the number of letters in each word. On that note, the last word might be kingdom.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I have no idea what I'm doing here.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I have no idea what I'm doing here.

Nobody has any idea what they're doing anywhere.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

How long does it take you to come up with these Gantic?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Few minutes to a few hours for each puzzle. Everything else takes forever because it's out of my hands.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

The sequence is - 16, - 13, - 18, + 6, + 7, - 7, - 8, and the last word is "kingdom".

This is all I cared to translate:

IT HAS COME TO OUR ATTENTION OF(sic) THAT THE HOLY GRAIL OF SOMETHING SOMETHING
CAN BE FOUND SOMEWHERE SOMEWHERE ______ ___ ________ __ _____ ______ __ _____
________ __ _____ _____ __ ____ ____________. __, ___ _____, ____ ___, _______,
__ ____ __, ___ ____ _____, ___ _____ __, ___ ____ _____, FOR THE GLORY OF THE
KINGDOM_____ _____. THIS IS A DANGEROUS QUEST MEANT ONLY FOR THE SILLIEST,
_________, ___ ____ _________ __ _______. ___________, _____ ___ __ _________
_______ __ _______ _________. _____________, __ ______ __ __________ ____
_____ ___ __ _________ ______ ____. ____ __, _____ _______, ___ ____ ____
_____ _______ _____ __________ ______ __ ______ ___ ___ _____.

FAREWELL AND GOOD JOURNEYS.
FOR THE GLORY OF THE KINGDOM.

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Here's the rest of the message using FishPreferred's sequence:

IT HAS COME TO OUR ATTENTION OF THAT THE HOLY GRAIL OF SOMETHING SOMETHING CAN BE FOUND SOMEWHERE SOMEWHERE WITHIN THE VICINITY OF THESE REALMS OF THESE KINGDOMS OF THESE LANDS OF THIS PLANESSPHERE. WE, THE COURT, TASK YOU, KNIGHTS, TO FIND IT, THE HOLY GRAIL, AND CLAIM IT, THE HOLY GRAIL, FOR THE GLORY OF THE KINGDOM, ARMOR GAMES. THIS IS A DANGEROUS QUEST MEANT ONLY FOR THE SILLIEST, STUPIDEST, AND MOST FOOLHARDY OF KNIGHTS. FORTUNATELY, THERE ARE NO MURDEROUS RABBITS OR FARTING FRENCHMEN. UNFORTUNATELY, IT CANNOT BE GUARANTEED THAT THERE ARE NO FLATULENT FLOPPY EARS. STEP UP, BRAVE KNIGHTS, AND TAKE YOUR PLACE AMONGST THOSE COURAGEOUS ENOUGH TO SEARCH FOR THE GRAIL.

FAREWELL AND GOOD JOURNEYS.
FOR THE GLORY OF THE KINGDOM.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Well, that was fast.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

I'm guessing it means choose a letter, then go backwards through the alphabet by 16 letters, then by 13, then by 18, then go forwards by 6, etc. Is that what you mean? And if so, how did you know which number to use for each one? By guessing what the next letter would be?

It means the first of every seven letters is shifted back by 16 letters, the second by 13, et cetera. I just started with the first line, which I had already figured out, and looked for a repeating sequence of numbers.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Don't tell me we're going to have to help the knights find the grail.

Yes, but it's more parallel than anything.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Wow... wait is Kenty correct? I mean your not really doing anything hinting that he did.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Wow... wait is Kenty correct? I mean your not really doing anything hinting that he did.

Secret words and secret secret words will remove any doubt to the correct answer, but no one has it. Story will update when puzzles are solved or clues are needed. It will be up in a bit.
Showing 1-15 of 70