ForumsThe TavernI want to play another game...

70 28437
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Are you prepared to go down the rabbit hole again?

Some of you may remember "I want to play a game...". Some of you won't, in which case, you might have memory problems or just weren't on the forums at the time (but that doesn't mean you don't have memory problems). The puzzles are back. This time, things will work a bit differently. There are still puzzles, but there is also a poorly cobbled together storyline to go with it! Yay!

You can follow the story here:
"The Forumnauts and the Quest for ???"

Along with the story will be puzzles to be solved. As the Puzzlesmaster, I am the only user with the correct solutions to the puzzles. Also, I will not be giving any hints or clues directly. In the event that a puzzle is unsolved for too long, clues will be provided in the subsequent story updates with the aid of the Knights. Yes, some of the Knights are joining in on this misadventure. They will aid in plot and clue-giving if necessary, but they do not know the solution.

The original game 'ended' with the secret word being posted in the secret thread. In this game, there will be multiple secret words and secret secret words that can be posted to the secret thread to receive credit (and merit) for solving the puzzle correctly. Credit defaults to whoever actually solved it, so if you post the secret word but someone else solved the puzzle the right way, that someone else will receive the credit. Not every puzzle will have a secret word, but the secret word is required to solve some puzzles.

Keep an eye out for secret secret words. They're like Easter eggs and don't really help with the puzzles.

In summary:
Story, puzzles, and clues come from the story thread. Please do not post there.
Secret words go to the secret thread. Post there if you have a secret word or secret secret word.
Puzzle discussion can go on in this thread.

The first puzzle is up. Get solving!

• 70 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

It's not actually possible to solve this part, yet, not completely anyway.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

New puzzle that should probably be the hardest one. If it's solved relatively quickly, I'm going to have to reevaluate the difficulty.

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

well I did a search on runes, and based on THIS IMG it transcribes to

a
r
k
n
s
m
e
i

Relevant? Maybe, but I am curious if the 2 puzzle's are related?

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

Well... I tried an un-scrambler and came up with ramekins as the only result... secret word perhaps or...

Anyone else have any ideas?

EDIT: @Gantic this might seem like a silly suggestion, but is there any way to edit the posts to indicate which puzzle's have been solved?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@weirdlike: What do you mean?

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

Well, for someone who hasn't been following along might look at the forumnauts thread and (I am speculating) they would look at the rune puzzle and not be aware of the other unsolved puzzle by the tetromancer. I thought that maybe at the beginning of the post you could put in bold that it has been solved, so there is no confusion?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@weirdlike: In this thread or the post that contained the puzzles in the story thread?

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

the post that contained the puzzles in the story thread

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I agree with your transcription of the runes weirdlike. I was thinking maybe it is a key to be able to put the previous puzzle together, but there is no 'n' or 'i' in any of the blocks.

I haven't found any other possible word for the runes yet. And I don't know what to do with ramekins. Maybe the Holy Grail is a ramekin?!?

Lowco1
Lowco1
1,035 posts
Nomad

Can I join?

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

@Lowco1

Yes anyone can join in on solving the puzzle's. Be sure to read the first post and if you have any questions, just ask

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

Tetromancer puzzle 1
well I have this as one possible solution, I can only imagine a few possibilities
http://i.imgur.com/xHCTyW8.jpg

--------------------------------

Tetromancer puzzle 2

a
r
k
n
s
m
e
i

possibly unscrambled as ramekins

--------------------------------

maybe looking at them together might reveal a clue

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

I'm interested in how you got that Fish.

Stop repeating arbitrary statements from the first page of every thread.
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

*deleted the post before FishPreferredôs, because that one was spam*

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Did I break the puzzle or is everyone missing that very big hidden part of it?

Showing 46-60 of 70