Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

[Answered] Multitasking with two simultaneous accounts

Posted Jun 10, '14 at 5:47pm

melikepie

melikepie

2 posts

Originally, I would play regular games and MMO's with the same account, but I recently wanted to start over with the MMO I was playing, which needed a new account. However, I still have the online saves for most of the games I play on my old account.
Is it ok to be on both accounts at the same time, on the same computer, so that I can just check on my MMO from time to time as I'm playing on the regular games? It just seems like there's something wrong with it, but I can't figure out what exactly could go wrong.

Posted Jun 10, '14 at 6:04pm

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

9,342 posts

Let me quote mod Freakenstein:

Some people have alternate accounts for clans/faction members and such. You are allowed to have an alternate account on that basis, but there are two things we'd love for you to do as conditions:

1. You have to link your alternate account on your profile page showing us what your 2nd account is.

2. Only your main account is allowed to post on the forums and comments. You can of course play flash games using your alternate account if you're doing faction teams and such, and there may be times where faction members would love to comment on one profile for faction meetings, but this is where I myself would draw the line in regards to alternate account activities.

Thats for the genral part (so link your alt acount...^^).
If something is going wrong its maybe flash? Flash has limited power, if some of your tabs use flash then it is maybe overburdenend... not to mention that some ads (the animated ones) also use flash.

last edited Jun 10 2014 06:05 pm by UnleashedUponMankind

Posted Jun 10, '14 at 10:26pm

melikepie

melikepie

2 posts

Actually, I meant wrong as in morally wrong, as in there could be some way to exploit the system. I just haven't seen anything that doesn't allow me to run two accounts at the same time, but I'm just looking for confirmation that this is allowed.

Posted Jun 16, '14 at 7:11pm

Ferret

Ferret

8,592 posts

Administrator

@melikepie Not sure on the morality, but according to our rules you do need to link to alternate accounts like Unleashed said.

Reply to [Answered] Multitasking with two simultaneous accounts

You must be logged in to post a reply!