ForumsThe TavernSports

62 24562
Penguin022
Penguin022
34 posts
Nomad

Any sports fans here? Talk about sports here!

• 62 Replies
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Recent stories that the Atlanta Falcons was chosen to be featured on "Hard Knocks"

The Cleveland Browns earlier decided not to be featured on "Hard Knocks" because they didn't want distractions.
NBA: Hate Lebron and the Heat

I don't not hate him, I just don't think he's as a good player

Yo pang's right, he's a good player. He has carried the Heat in this year's Finals because D-Wade is struggling, Chris Bosh is struggling, and their bench has aged. LeBrons a more improved jump shooter.

I can understand why people hate the LBJ and the Heat. They kind of 'bought' a championship by uniting unlike other championship teams like the Spurs or Bulls who grew together instead of just joining forces. Don't get me wrong, I don't really like the Heat either, but I still respect what they do.
NFL: Wish the Lions had a chance.

The Lions have always been close to getting into the playoffs, but they choke in the end.
Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

Any competitive swimmers here??
If so, im ready to talk! I JUST got back from swim practice

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

Who knows PBA !

gaarasoy
gaarasoy
52 posts
Jester

UFC anyone? I think mixed martial arts is the hardest sport out there.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Any competitive swimmers here??
If so, im ready to talk! I JUST got back from swim practice

I used to be a competitive swimmer during my schooling days. Trained since I was 6, 5 times a week. I don't do it anymore, but I'll bet my bottom dollar I can outswim most people.

World Cup anyone?

Corrupt refs ruining the game. Spain getting her *** handed to her on a platter. Delish. Football fever.
Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

but I'll bet my bottom dollar I can outswim most people.

I started at 3, 6 days a week!
AND im 13! So its time to Due, Due, Due Du Du Du Duel!
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

I started at 3, 6 days a week!
AND im 13! So its time to Due, Due, Due Du Du Du Duel!

Say what now?
Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

Say what now?

Yea! I come from a family of swimmers! MY sister, my dad (his younger years) and my brother did a bit!

And not only that, i have an autographed paper from Mark Gangolff, a gold-winning (2004) swimmer, who happens to be my friend/neighbors uncle!

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

Who knows FIBA Spain ?

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Is it me, or... are the set of refs appointed to the World Cup 2014 really bad, as in... REALLY bad?! I can't remember ever seeing so many mistakes made during a big tournament in football?! Oh wait... sorry... we're on a U.S. based website: 'soccer'! =P

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Goodbye Spain. That was horrid.

Enjoy your time on the ice now Costa.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

They talked about the players from Spain having a long season, but... so did a lot of the other players from other countries have you know?! Well, it was terrible to watch how bad they played against Chile... from hero to zero in 2 games! Ouch... ( >.< )

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

BURN FIFA. Bunch of sissy players faking injuries after getting bumped. (FLOPPING.)

The NFL is where it's at. Baseball is boring, soccer is repetitive, and hockey is really just boxing. Basketball can be exciting, but yeah, nothing compared to Football (American.)

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Lol at people hating on football because there's no violent physical contact. The vast majority of us like sports that don't involve that, thank you very much. I prefer seeing players trying to move the ball without that much contact. The odd crunching tackle is fun, aggressive, and necessary to liven things when it heads to the final whistle, but seeing a game where a foul is called every few minutes and breaking up play is boring. Stoke are boring. West Ham are boring. Lots of lower league teams are boring. Why? Because they resort to brutish tactics and fouls to win.

You should also see the injuries football players get from said tackles. I've lost count of the number of times I've bellowed out at the screen in frustration for horrific and awful leg breaks that ruin a player's career.

There used to be alot more violence in football, especially English football, such as hacking. But that is outdated, outmoded, and thankfully gone. When I want to watch a game with bloodlust, I'd just watch rugby. Now that I do appreciate. Not the NFL.

Put it this way, football fans and NFL fans know how they like their sports, and let's keep it that way.

PS: Gonna have a little cry over England.

PPS: Missing club football already.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Goodbye Spain. That was horrid.

There was so much hype about Spain, I didn't understand it. I expected them to go out early, maybe not that early but right after the group round.
The NFL is where it's at.

offensive receiver: Ref, the defender is doing his job, where is my flag?
ref: welp, must be pass interference.

It is almost like every game isn't perfect or something. Imagine that.
PS: Gonna have a little cry over England.

Tears for England, gone too soon.
PPS: Missing club football already.

How bout that Man City?
Showing 16-30 of 62