ForumsThe TavernSports

62 24627
Penguin022
Penguin022
34 posts
Nomad

Any sports fans here? Talk about sports here!

• 62 Replies
Seashark001
Seashark001
613 posts
Nomad

Le Tour de France Stage Two - Cambridge to London - 155km

Is this not just a sightseeing trip?! London Eye, Millenium Stadium, Pall Mall, Buckingham Palace. Another economical boost for Britain

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Le Tour de France Stage Two - Cambridge to London - 155km

Is this not just a sightseeing trip?! London Eye, Millenium Stadium, Pall Mall, Buckingham Palace. Another economical boost for Britain

This stage is designed to be a fast sprint stage over flat ground. The area between Cambridge and London is ideal.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I hope the Argentinians smash them Dutch though.

Shhh... @MrDayCee might hear you... =)
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

[quote]I hope the Argentinians smash them Dutch though.

Shhh... @MrDayCee might hear you... =)[/quote]

Heheheh... that's ok. People are allowed to have dreams... check your history @nichodemus; 'sall I'm sayin'!

And let them have their World Cup I say! At least all the whining in our country is over!! *whiny voice* We never won the WC, I think they would have deserved it by now... mehmeemeemehmehmohw... whiners! =P

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

Changing topic...

I HAVE A SWIM MEET ON SATURDAY!!! ALMOST 2 MILES FROM MY HOUSE!!!! IM SO EXITED!!!!!!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Sorry @Omegap12, but... who's watching the semi final between Brasil and Germany?! 10 minutes into the game and all was well... 19 minutes later... the Germans lead by 5-0!!!!! (OO) Talk about totally smashing a team on the field!! Ohw... mah... gawd!!! =0

EDIT: Make that 6-0 in the meantime... unbelievable!

EDIT 2: End score... 7-1... the Brasileros were slaughtered today... R.I.P. samba futebol... =/

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

That was not a good game for Brazil. Germany destroyed them in their own country. We'll see tomorrow who the victorious Germans will play on Sunday for the final.

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

Thats allright @MrDayCee, i just wanted to get that out there. Couldnt hold it in me for much longer!

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I HAVE A SWIM MEET ON SATURDAY!!! ALMOST 2 MILES FROM MY HOUSE!!!! IM SO EXITED!!!!!!

GL good sir.
End score... 7-1

RIP Germany Minute 0:00-90:00, the shutout will be missed
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

This is what happens when a severely overrated team means a severely underrated team. Implosion of the most spectacular proportions.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

This is what happens when a severely overrated team means a severely underrated team. Implosion of the most spectacular proportions.

Right now, all I can think of is... "what if we were to win tonight?! Oh dear..." (oO)
gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

Looks like it will be Argentina who will be battling Germany for the final. At least it won't be two European teams against each other like it was in 2010.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Deception... =(

I really hate defensive teams that play on counters... never liked those! And then try to get to penalties is just weak... I wish Sneijder, Kuyt and van Persie would have been fitter and more focused in this game. Too many shots failing to arrive on target. Shame... shame... ah well, going to hug my pillow now and root for Germany on Sunday! =)

Except for Mueller... really dislike his character! Maybe it's the name? LOL @UnleashedUponMankind will know what I am talking about... =P

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Who? Me? Nah, i haven´t the foggiest idea...
... only if you´re talking about decapitations

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I don't mind teams that hit on counters. It's all part of the game, might be extremely frustrating, but the teams will always resort to the tactics that will help them win. What a pity it ended in a scoreless draw.

Why Mueller? Seems a decent enough chap. Dives and flops a little, but seems fine.

Showing 46-60 of 62