ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Forum post bug. (mobile, unknown if affect comp)

2 1984
eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

I press the submit button and go to the top of the page. I slide back down to find that it hasn't posted yet. I wait a min, refresh, lo and behold its there! Theory: Caused by AG seeing me post while my client is still posting. Information is sent to client that the post had been posted but client hasn't posted it yet. AG stops client from posting again as that would invalidate the 30 sec rule, but the client is trying anyway. Client keeps trying until it can, but the 30 sec rule doesn't change until the page is refreshed, causing the client to countinuously attempt to post. That's my theory, but I'm no comp or code expert (yet).

• 2 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I've been experiencing such delays and problems while posting via my mobile phone as well @eliakith... it's something that involves a problem on the mobile phone end in fact. The browser on your phone needs to complete its action of posting the text and then refreshing the page, whereas the Armor Games website is quicker and already completed the action.

I don't think there is something that the Armor Games staff can do in this matter, but I will forward it anyway, ok? =)

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I've tried to replicate this, but I can't. Works fine on my mobile phone. :/

Showing 1-2 of 2