ForumsPopular MediaGame of Thrones (TV Show)

13 6881
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Surprised I don't see a thread for the series active.

Anyhow, I just got done with Season 3, and I'm curious if anyone else here watches it and their thoughts on the show, happenings within the show, characters, etc.

Of course, some people might be interested in watching the show in the future, or may be in the middle of a season, etc etc.
So, if we could be so kind, when beginning discussion on something/someone, place the season a person should be caught up on before reading on, to prevent any spoilers (i.e. if I want to discuss recent happenings of Robb Stark at the end of Season 3, at the beginning of that section of my post I'd put "Season 3" then continue on).

• 13 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Of course, some people might be interested in watching the show in the future, or may be in the middle of a season, etc etc.
So, if we could be so kind, when beginning discussion on something/someone, place the season a person should be caught up on before reading on, to prevent any spoilers (i.e. if I want to discuss recent happenings of Robb Stark at the end of Season 3, at the beginning of that section of my post I'd put "Season 3" then continue on).

Without giving any details, I would say that I enjoy that series.
Since I never read the books, I don't know what's going to happen next but I must say I've been shocked a few times and I also enjoyed some odd relationship between certain characters.

I would say it's my 2nd favorite series, Spartacus being my all time favorite and Band of Brothers in 3rd.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I don't watch the show, but I kinda want to. I just have trouble getting the motivation to actually sit down and watch.

also, for spoilers, I would recommend

SPOILER, SEASON #

x dies

/spoiler

~~~Darth Caedus

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Note: GoT is rated for the age group it is rated for for a reason. DO NOT watch it if you are below that age. Really really.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Note: GoT is rated for the age group it is rated for for a reason. DO NOT watch it if you are below that age. Really really.

DO watch, however, if you wish to gain an understanding of sexuality
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Honest Trailers covered this aspect pretty well.

~~~Darth Caedus
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Never subscribed to following strictly to the suggested age range of a show.

I've enjoyed the show and just finished watching the final episode of season 4. Anyone want to know who dies in the last episode?
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

So I just started watching it, have no idea who the hell anyone is, the internet is being stupid and forcing me to stop watching every 5 minutes, and I'm pretty sure my parents would kill me if they saw me watching it.

Also, the language they use doesn't match the time period.

~~~Darth Caedus

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I belong to a small minority of people who don't enjoy drama at all, so I found this show unwatchable, even though I know some people who watch it or have watched it religiously.

I'm honestly curious, what do people get out of watching shows like this?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Also, the language they use doesn't match the time period.

Not at all. I mean, the fact that they use miles is a pretty big indicator. But at least they have accents and mannerisms down. I've seen far worse when it comes to this fact.
Although, you can't really blame them at all. This is a fictional world, so to adhere them to our standards of language and the history of language is a bit unfair.

I'm honestly curious, what do people get out of watching shows like this?

Entertainment. Same with any show
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Entertainment. Same with any show

I gathered that, but I was wondering what people find entertaining about it.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I like drama, so there is that. Medieval themed shows/movies also tend to do well. All the plots are nice too

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

So I've finished the first season, I'm liking it so far.

Still don't know the names of half the characters, or half trouble remembering them (ex. Snow's Friends, Pretty Boy Lannister)

~~~Darth Caedus

stefeyboy
stefeyboy
19 posts
Nomad

best show i ever watched. Last night watched Season 5, Episode 4 : Sons of the Harpy

Showing 1-13 of 13