ForumsGamesRacing games

20 5166
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Racing doesn't seem like a topic brought up in the Video Game forums, so I thought, "why not talk about racing games?" So what are your favorite racing games? Do you have any form of a racing game in your towering video game shelf?

My favorite racing game of all time would probably be Kirby's Air Ride. Oh man, it's incredibly fun. The racing is incredibly fun, although when playing with computers, even on the highest difficulty level, they're almost too easy so that's kind of a bummer. But, the highlight of that game has to be City Trial, the map is so fun and I especially love the randomly selected games.

• 20 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Gran Turismo 3 and 4 will always hold a special place in my racing gamer heart as they were my first *hardcore* race games. Let me take a moment to Nirn out a bit.... YOU PLAYED KIRBY AIR RIDE TOO!!!!!!!!! That makes me so happy, I have played many hours on that with my brother in years past, it was such a great game!

~Manly

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Mariokart DS. In theory, it's a simple racing game intended for all ages. In practice it's a heartless monster that requires many hours of practice to beat the hardest difficulty level, and a lot of time choosing the best kart. (After many tests, I found the standard DS to be the fastest on average across all courses)

Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

Need for speed, burnout, mario kart, etc.

Racing games are epic!

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

IMO, I hate racing games. I like playing with other people, because it's a nice competition. But, in general I hate it. 4 out of 10, 2 out of 5 stars.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Kirby Air Ride was AMAZING.
My favorite has to be Double Dash. So much fun, so many memories.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Mario Kart is the only racing game that I have played a enjoyed a bunch to play it more. Mario Kart DS was the best. I spent hours on that game even after I had beaten the game 100%. Mario Kart Wii is pretty fun, and I have played Mario Kart 8 and it was the same level as fun as the Will version. Didn't like Mario Kart 7. Played it for like a week or two before putting it down.

DarthTyrannausarus
DarthTyrannausarus
538 posts
Nomad

My favorite racing game is Burnout Paradise. The graphics are awesome, the models for the cars are GREAT and the announcer for "Crash FM" has the best voice actor. One of the best, in my opinion.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

it depends on the racing games, i cant really stand serious hardcore racing games, though i did play some need for speed games and some burnout games, but i loved the flatout games. but if you wanna get more open about it, SSX and freekstyle were also some great racing games.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

I played a lot of SSX on tour back in the day. A year or two ago we got SSX 2012 and I played about half an hour, it just wasn't the same.

Because of my broken wrist I can only play so many games, so yesterday I played Air Ride for the first time in years, it felt great and was still pretty fun!

~Manly

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

The only real good one I've liked was the old NfS Most Wanted. Had the best feel to a racing game. Felt so underground and illegal compared to the polished and professional games like Forza.

Honorable mention to Mario Kart double Dash but the disk broke on me. Also blue shells, never forget

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I have a few favorites, but one of them has not been mentioned so far at all. Does nobody else like Midnight Club? I played the first one all the time back in my PS2 days, and I always beat my friends because they couldn't race like I could (they were too involved with "real life" to be good at video games). Definitely in my top 3 racing games.

Along with Double Dash and the NFS series, of course.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Does nobody else like Midnight Club?

Forgot all about this game. Good times trying to make it to the boat, ps2 broke awhile back and never played again
blundertail
blundertail
1 posts
Nomad

Has anyone here ever played Need for Madness before? Itâs so epic!
http://www.needformadness.com/

FlashGaming101
FlashGaming101
7 posts
Nomad

Pure was my first racing game

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

The only real good one I've liked was the old NfS Most Wanted. Had the best feel to a racing game. Felt so underground and illegal compared to the polished and professional games like Forza.

I totally agree! This is my favorite racing game of all time. 10/10.
Showing 1-15 of 20