Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Bullied teen fatally stabs bully

Posted Jun 22, '14 at 7:09am

Kennethhartanto

Kennethhartanto

230 posts

Which article did you read? Estevez used a knife and it was recovered by the police

There is several videos and tape recording on your article. In there, someone mentioned the victim of having readied a screwdriver of sorts to attack the assailant. Try the left/right news video in my link i gave on this post

Not in the article, cite your source.

This

if its really that level then its psychological and he needs that kind of help. wouldnt we all kill a person if we felt we were driven in a corner? we might be wrong about it but isnt it pretty natural?

You can't just kill anyone that "drive you to a corner". We have correctional systems designed specifically to handle that kinds of person. If you do kill them, then the same correctional systems will persecute you. You will gain nothing from killing them, just more suffering.Also, you don't have to kill them. let karma do the punishment. "Wrong" person would always be punished in the right time

About the maturity thing, i highly doubt that this Estevez guy is actually an "adult" or should be tried in the adult court. From all the articles i was looking into, he just doesn't seem to be in the correct adult "mentality"; with his overreaction to the "bullies", his suicidal attempt, and inability to stand for himself when the presumed "bullying" takes place. He should be charged and trialed in the juvenile court.

Posted Jun 22, '14 at 10:08am

Drink

Drink

1,542 posts

this is what happens when parents and schools fail to fix problems, if people would put more of an effort to help people, then there wouldnt be suicides and killings all the **** time

Posted Jun 24, '14 at 11:39am

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,912 posts

You can't just kill anyone that "drive you to a corner". We have correctional systems designed specifically to handle that kinds of person. If you do kill them, then the same correctional systems will persecute you. You will gain nothing from killing them, just more suffering.Also, you don't have to kill them. let karma do the punishment. "Wrong" person would always be punished in the right time

you took "drive you to a corner" way too lightly. that term pretty much means that you cant flee in a flee/fight situation. which means you either die or fight. if we felt that we will either die or kill wouldnt we kill? even if someone is so gentle, its just an instinct to protect yourself that way.

Posted Jun 25, '14 at 4:26pm

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,133 posts

if we felt that we will either die or kill wouldnt we kill? even if someone is so gentle, its just an instinct to protect yourself that way.

I'm with @thebluerabbit on this. I mean, if you felt completely threatened and couldn't get out of where you were being threatened, in that moment you're probably not going to have faith in such

correctional systems

removing him and returning you to safety. They're not there to intervene, it's just you and your instinct. If i felt my life was in danger, i would fight. It's either flight or fight, and if you've nowhere to go that eliminates the other option. Then it would be die or fight,

I also agree however that he should be charged as a Juvenile.

Posted Jun 27, '14 at 5:09pm

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,975 posts

I think the kid did what was right and should not be punished. He stood up to a bully. This is what makes me so angry with America, we have all of these campaigns that say "stand up to bullying",  but that's all they say. They don't give proper support and contacts for kids to go to. If I went and told a kid to stand up to bullying, the kid would, without a doubt, interpret that as going and beating the tar out of him. And, what better way than to use an equalizer. The bully got what he deserved. I just would have personally favored a baseball bat.

Posted Jun 27, '14 at 7:47pm

Kyouzou

Kyouzou

4,753 posts

I think the kid did what was right and should not be punished. He stood up to a bully. This is what makes me so angry with America, we have all of these campaigns that say "stand up to bullying",  but that's all they say. They don't give proper support and contacts for kids to go to. If I went and told a kid to stand up to bullying, the kid would, without a doubt, interpret that as going and beating the tar out of him. And, what better way than to use an equalizer. The bully got what he deserved. I just would have personally favored a baseball bat.

I can see what your argument is, however, another 14 year old is dead. You can standup against bullying without someone ending up in a coffin.

Posted Jun 27, '14 at 9:54pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,971 posts

"I always used to see Timothy and Noel together. And they always were laughing, and always going places together. And all of a sudden this happens; it’s crazy,"

and the defense attorney claims that:

"They were after him for three months, and they couldn’t find him because he stayed behind closed doors,” Poulos told reporters, including WCBS 880′s Jim Smith. “He came out of closed doors, and they sicced on him.”

Both don't match up with each other, and both sounds like a bluff or a lie. which one is right?

According to the article you linked, they were once friends, then the bullying began. As for the neighbor that said

"[Crump] is not that type of person... He’s not a troublemaker. He’s not."

, the victim was previously suspended for another fight in which he punched another student's teeth out.

Reply to Bullied teen fatally stabs bully

You must be logged in to post a reply!