ForumsWEPRIraq War

26 13383
R1a2z3e4
R1a2z3e4
116 posts
Shepherd

My friends you all are concerned with the condition of Iraq. The condition is becoming worst day by day. Innocence people are dying.

One question is rising in my mind that why U.N.O is not helping Iraq ?

• 26 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Don't forget Blair. True, he only helped because Bush told him to, but he must be held to account for assisting an illegal invasion.

True, he fits perfectly with the other two morons.
You also need to add their chief of Gestapo Karl Rove who's still scheming against the American people's interest in order to help his unpatriotic and greedy rich fiends, uh I mean friends.
Aside from killing each other.

Yep and we were okay with that.
Kennethhartanto
Kennethhartanto
241 posts
Constable

all of the developed countries should pitch in and help &quotolice" other countries like Iraq,

That would be violating one of the most critical international rules which is "rule of territorials": which says "any human or object in a country is on it's respective country jurisdiction". basically, you can't just intervene with the internal affairs of a country without the country's approval. that would mock it's sovereignty.

to stomp out this ridiculous terrorist gang like the cancer that it is.

that is not a valid reason for any nation to just intervene with the internal affairs of a country. remember Somalia? When the US intervene with the UN, the whole country got so pissed with them and basically hated the US.
R1a2z3e4
R1a2z3e4
116 posts
Shepherd

All right topic end because the Iraq is getting help now !

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

intervene with the internal affairs of a country without the country's approval. that would mock it's sovereignty.

If innocent civilians are getting straight up murdered by the 1000's, and the government can't or isn't doing anything about it, then I think it's okay to step in. Especially if my homeland is under threat.
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

If innocent civilians are getting straight up murdered by the 1000's, and the government can't or isn't doing anything about it, then I think it's okay to step in. Especially if my homeland is under threat.

But there were no WMDs.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

But there were no WMDs

I don't see how that's pertinent to the conversation, but I'll roll with it. Just because there aren't any large explosives or nuclear weapons doesn't necessarily mean that they're not a threat. They can still kill American tourists, shoot down travelling planes, they can hijack planes or boats, there's still ways for them to cause a lot of ruckus without needed nuclear bombs.
Homeland security is a lesser worry, though. What I'm more worried about is the civilians that they're slaughtering. There are innocent women and children that are dying because the government is too week / too incompetent to fight back and defend its people. That's why I think the United Nations need to pull together and plan something out.
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

That's why I think the United Nations need to pull together and plan something out.

I think you need a different organisation for that. The security council never make decisions because of the veto.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I think you need a different organisation for that

well, whatever that organization is needs to get their *** in gear, and if there isn't one, then make one.
Kennethhartanto
Kennethhartanto
241 posts
Constable

If innocent civilians are getting straight up murdered by the 1000's, and the government can't or isn't doing anything about it, then I think it's okay to step in. Especially if my homeland is under threat

except they can't. an axiom of international law clearly state that any items or person in a country is that and only that country's jurisdiction. period. you can't just intervene with some internal affairs of a country, you would mock it's very existence. non-intervention rule is a very important international law that would help other "weak", &quotuny", or "small" country from getting bossed around by a huge country like US or such. in my opinion, if you break that, that would be a form of neo-colonialism, and i am against that from happening.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Who actually strictly follows the non-intervention rules?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Why would you support a war started by someone saying "Hey! They have bad things!" and then later saying "Oh, wait... They don't have bad things... But while we're here, let's destroy everything!"

Why would you support a war started by a country that decided to get involved in conflicts it had no piece of, only to attack those who were once seen as friends of that country?

Why would you support a war that costed millions of innocent lives only because no one really knew what they were doing when they went in?

Showing 16-26 of 26