ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: python scripts I used

10 3063
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Some people asked me to post these scripts - I used them to find optimum formulas.

Scripts

• 10 Replies
oLaudix
oLaudix
48 posts
Nomad

Thx m8

oLaudix
oLaudix
48 posts
Nomad

Im not sure what do you mean by "(program to import from console)"

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

you open python console (live) and import * from gem_simulator

cronos51
cronos51
108 posts
Nomad

I can't code but was curious and had a look at your code, psorek:
There's a tiny little mistake that found its way into it. The criticalhit multiplier changes to 0.88A + 0.44B (for the combination of N+(N-1) and surprisingly for N+(N-x) too, the 'B-factor' doesn't decrease there.. )

Wouldn't that mean that there is a smaller 'supergem effect' for yellow? And that the best killgem would probably look different than the one calculated so far? Or is that difference too marginal?

oLaudix
oLaudix
48 posts
Nomad

you open python console (live) and import * from gem_simulator
Hmm im using Python Portable and i dont think I can do it ._. I think i can only run one module at once, when i run gem_simulator.py it throws "NameError: name 'gemset_incomparable' is not defined" even when i import gem.py into it :/ On the other hand i just started to deal with Python when i tried your combination code from pastebin. Ill have to read more on that :/

Ok i think i did the import wrong ... now it works more or less

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

You are right, if you wish try to generate new formulas for killgem and check how good they are

oLaudix
oLaudix
48 posts
Nomad

I give up ... i have no idea how to use it. The only output i get from it is"
>>>
>>>

cronos51
cronos51
108 posts
Nomad

No, I don't wish - and couldn't even if I wished.
Just remarked and mentioned. If oLaudix is able to handle the functions he could just change these two lines of code though...

oops, missed your last post, oLaudix. Well, that wouldn't have changed things too much anyway.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

It's just debug, real output are python objects containing all the info about best gems. I hope that my code can be understood...

oLaudix
oLaudix
48 posts
Nomad

Ye im getting a little hand of it by now. I managed to get the wrong gem though it had 32x value but it was a little different than one you posted. It was worse. Im gonna get hang of it though. I probably need to read whole code carefully and put print_scheme in the right place.

Showing 1-10 of 10