ForumsWEPRFirefox download record official!

10 2667
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Mozilla has officially made history with a new Guinness world record for the largest number of software downloads in a 24-hour period.

The final record breaking 8,002,530 downloads for Firefox 3.0 took place in June with parties in over 25 countries.

"The enthusiasm and creativity of Firefox fans was key to making this happen" said Marketing head Paul Kim.

Gareth Deaves of Guinness World Records called it "an extremely impressive accomplishment".

The official figure was confirmed after logs from download servers were audited and checked to ensure duplicate and unfinished downloads were not counted.

Well, guys and gals, what do you think? Since those of you who have t actually helped put it into the record books :P

• 10 Replies
kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

thats cool and i have mozilla. yea its pretty cool and shows that firefox is the best internet browser!!! nothing else to say. (not one of the most exciting topics man!! but thax for the update!!) and this should be in the tavern or something i guess

Jikek
Jikek
1,187 posts
Nomad

yea that day was called download day mozilla encouraged all the people to download firefox 3 beta 1 that day...

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

That's cool dude but I don't think this belongs here, it belongs in The Tavern probably.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

No, it is a world wide event so it belongs here. Just think about it ...

Jikek
Jikek
1,187 posts
Nomad

^ yup he speaks the truth.

anyway i never participated in that day but i know a person who did.

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

Good. I hope Internet Explorer crashes and burns forever.

RathRaid
RathRaid
129 posts
Nomad

i couldn't care less about which Internet server is better. As long has i have decently high speed, I don't really care which one I use. And also, isn't the Internet supposed to run outta space real soon?

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

It does matter which one you use. IE is full of bugs and errors. It lets viruses, spyware, trojans, and ad-ware slip through so easily. Firefox isn't perfect, but I've had no problems since I switched.

And no... the internet won't "run out of space." The internet is not a big hard-drive.

Mac_MK
Mac_MK
752 posts
Nomad

LOL that's a stupid quest and well done to Firefox for making a record its the best browser IE is crap

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I'm going to wait for the next version of the internet to come out!

At any rate, this thread can stay here, I think. I was supposed to be part of download day but they happened to send the reminder email to me while I was holed up finishing my thesis, so I completely missed it ;..;

Showing 1-10 of 10