ForumsForum GamesInterest Check: A GURPS historical army game

9 3148
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Second game using a system that I thought i'd introduce. This time i don't plan on using Rolz.org for anything more than the rolls for the game. This game would take place around late 4th to early 3rd century BCE, When the roman empire was quelling the Samnites, and the First Punic War was growing nearer and nearer. While the battles will be semi-historical (you'd be fighting enemies of the empire you serve) but the wars and their outcomes would be contemporary. It wouldn't be a group game, though i'd prefer a small set of players, perhaps 1-4 players.

The various empires to fight for would be those such as Rome, Carthage, Epirus, Sweboz, Aedui, Arche Seleuekia, Makedonia, Averni, Baktria, Getai, Heyasdan, Koinon Hellenon (Greece), Lusotannan, Pahlava, Pontos, Ptolemaioi, Sauromatae, etc.

Character creation is fairly simple, i will give a selection of advantages, skills, disadvantages, and quirks available to select, and the guidelines for point-buy. It would be a normal power level game, so you're an above average soldier, but not super powered in any way. it's straight historical.

Now you've read about Quirks and Disadvantages, why would you take them? Because that's how you afford better skills and advantages. Taking a disadvantage gives you more points to spend on advantages and skills.

Anyone interested? As usual i suggest you wear your best learning caps since this game can be a bit thick.

It'd be a normal power level game with 85 point build

• 9 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I'm in.

Lowco1
Lowco1
1,035 posts
Nomad

Me in.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

id play it

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Alright great. So i'll start a character creation thread, then the game. I'll leave one space open while everyone creates characters, but when we get in game the character list will be finalized.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Cool.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Well now the character creation thread has been up a while, i'd like to remind prospects that there is still one spot left If interested report to the character creation thread.

lego12344
lego12344
165 posts
Peasant

I will take that spot please

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

great, report to the character creation thread, where you can start the first step of creating a character

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Alright well either Lego, or Lowco are next, if you two don't start character creation by tomorrow or the day after, i'm gonna clear your names off the character list to let others join. Nivlac same for you, if you don't post.

Showing 1-9 of 9