ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Suspicious behavior by Chaos Rage game

5 2904
Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

This game is doing something that is normally associated with malicious games.

It makes constant requests for storing memory on your computer. I received 20 before I quit. Normally games only need 1 and either the game is really badly coded when it comes to memory storage, or they are putting malicious things on players' machines.

If it really isn't malicious, then the game needs serious recoding because the game is not playable due to the constant memory requests.

• 5 Replies
Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

That doesn't change it. It also asks for variable memory values each time it asks, which proves that it is not making the same memory request each time.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

This is happening across all browsers. Requests from the game for flash memory are not controlled by settings on the browser and multiple requests from the game indicate a problem. As I said before, this sort of thing is extremely common in games attempting to load malware on machines on the side and is considered a diagnostic feature of such activity. If not, then its a problem with the game's code where it is asking many times to use flash memory.

People may not notice this if they have flash set to always auto-accept, but that doesn't remove the problem it just hides it.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

I poked the staff about this @Erile. Let's see what they know...

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

I did not have this issue when playing the game... nor have I seen reports of it in the comments. However, I will most certainly forward this thread on to the game's devs to look into and comment on.

I am highly doubtful there is anything malicious going on from the game... and more than likely it's just some level of poor coding.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Thank you and I understand. I just had to point it out.

Showing 1-5 of 5