ForumsThe TavernTales of nightmares.

7 4413
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

I find that often the most intreging monsters are creations of our own subconcious. This thread is about the monsters of our dreams. My most disturbed experience was with a creature that stands about four feet tall. This creature can not be touched only felt. You can see only a vauge humanoid figuire out of energy. It pulls you in like a vortex that you can't fight against, it takes away all strength and removes your ability to struggle. It's power is so strong you can't even scream. This creature embodies my fears, it made me helpless there was nothing I could to but hope that someone saw my struggle and pulled me out of whatever it was I was trapped in. After I was rescued I was hid under a street light and watched as I was stared down by one of these things. What kind of horrific confrontations have you had in such unnerving nightmares.

• 7 Replies
PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

Keep telling yourself it's not real.

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Thankfully but I think the fact that it was from a dream kinda has that covered. To stick to the topic I have seen them in a couple dreams and strange as it seems blood mist makes them less scary.

aggazaggashoofoo
aggazaggashoofoo
99 posts
Nomad

I had a dream about Storm. It was terrible. Maybe it means she's finally completed that machine which teleports her into your thoughts.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

Oh no no no my dear aggz! It teleports her into you subconscious which is far worse since it's so much harder to detect. And yes, it is finished. Hide.

I don't remember any that I've come up with (if there are any from my dreams) but Slenderman constantly appears and I'm often not sure if I was just half asleep or full on hallucinating because they seem so real and I remember them. Unless of course it was all real, but I don't like to think about that 0.o

~Manly

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Maybe it means she's finally completed that machine which teleports her into your thoughts.

You must have used it then, because you're definitely in my thoughts.

As for my monster, I literally just woke up from a dream and came here as quickly as possible. In my dream there was a creature like a sushi roll, it was as big and long as a log. It had no physical features. It wasn't bad and wasn't necessarily good, it would just roll around.

All I know it was a random creature in a dream about Spiderman(I don't even know.).
nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

i had a dream there was i man kin of like slender man but all white not just his face. He sits in a chair and if you get to close he sucks you in. Once you are right next to him you feel this weird sensation (its in all of my dreams whenever i should feel pain) and than you die. Of course in all of my dreams when i die i sort of "Respawn."

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Ah @nivlac so then you have been dealing with an inception style reincarnition while you die in dreams (Actually I'm working on a story like that). Yes and I had recently seen a creature that takes the shape of famous people and then murders you when you look away (It was actually kinda cool to be killed by Bill Nye and Will Ferrel) Really some are more cool than scary. @R2D2 thanks for your consideration but consider this, sushi is delicuos and the fact that it's alive just means it fresher.

Showing 1-7 of 7