ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: Mass Overview (Long Post)

4 2301
Dirk25
Dirk25
33 posts
Jester

Overview Of ... Everything

No premium and I've kinda hit a massive road block in the game (O5 Q2) Can't get past them @ my current level (surely doing something wrong)

Lv 70
2644 Mana @ Start
246 Shadow Cores
75 Fields explored (all non premium up to O5/Q2)
Skills: True Colors 8, Masonry 6, Fusion 8, Mana Stream 8, Bolt 8, Freeze 11, Curse 8, Amplifiers 9,
Skill lv cap 12
Skill Points 333
Bonus Mana: 2331

Below are skills I have but NO points in them at all

Gem Skills: Mana Leech, Poison, Slow, Armor Tearing,
Other skills: Beam, Ignition, Demolition, Traps.

Finally Talisman Set up: Could use ALOT of work. (You were warned.)

EQUIPPED:

Mix of rarity 3-10 (I told you I warned you.)

3 Bronze 12-14 rarity
11 Silver talisman ranging from 1-10 Rarity
1 Gold - Rarity 26

Silver Talisman : +9% XP gained ,+44% of wizard level goes to intial XP and Mana ,+15% Damage to Swarmlings ,+14% Damage to Giants.

Bronze Talisman :+29% mana starting waves early ,+5% XP gained ,+8% Damage to Swarmlings ,+38% Max. Freeze Charge.

Gold Talisman : 19% Curse Duration +74 initial Mana +5% XP Gained.

^ I WARNED you.

Well that about covers it, Have fun laughing at me because I probably deserve it. I will post Talismans I HAVE but not equipped if you want me too.

Another Question: How is the Freeze Stunlock set up?

To where can I permanently lock the monsters into place with Freeze(Skill)... after freeze (you get the point). Maximum Freeze Charge + Freeze Skill Build?

The reason I ask is because I want to farm the xp from the levels that I have completed on Glaring setting + all non premium trains (Hates Beacons Mana Lock and Giants so far)

• 4 Replies
Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

I can't provide specific tips on those two stages, unfortunately.

Your skills seem a little bit out of whack. Only take them to multiples of 3. Unless you find yourself using them a lot, I would bring Bolt, Freeze, Curse all down to level 3, and bring True Colors and Fusion up to level 9. Mana Stream, your choice, raise to 9 or cut to 6.

I would suggest putting points into at least one gem color, a second gem color if you use it a lot. Raise Blue (slow) to 6, or 9 if you can. I want to say Purple (armor tearing) is a good choice to mix with it (for the dual gem bonus) but Green (poison) is not a bad choice for raw gem damage (though its special is rather lackluster IMO).

Permafreeze (locking monsters permanently in place with the Freeze spell) requires several things. Unfortunately, you are not there yet. It requires a high Freeze skill, a number of talisman fragments that raise All Skills (or, if there is such a thing, something that raises your Strike Spells of Freeze, Curse, and Wake of eternity), and it also helps a lot to have a bunch of pieces that have + Freeze Duration.

As for your talisman .. that is purely a matter of luck. You are probably not going to have more than a few decent fragments until you actually start farming talisman pieces at high difficulty levels with a bunch of battle traits set, looking for fragments in the 90's, or 100. Until then, make do with whatever you can find.

In terms of farming experience, from what I've seen most stages (without the pouch) have red gems available in some way shape or form. Using a little red, and a lot of blue and/or purple (a little red and a lot of yellow works wonders on stages that have both those colors!) make the strongest gems you can and stick them in tower pairs. Lightly bomb waves, so that you increase the experience for beating them but do not make them so strong you cannot defeat them. There are real low level guidelines around, check the Important Links sticky above for links to tips.

Dirk25
Dirk25
33 posts
Jester

I should probably dump some points into Armor Tearing since it helps whenever the giants have the chance to clump up together. This should allow me to use Pure (or combined) Purple (+ color if combined) Gems to shred through the massive armor rating while frozen (kill one pop a few more instantly, which seems to happen quite often with Giants).

I've been working on everything else for the past couple hours slowly. I will update this thread with more info should I make any major changes.

mysticwriter612
mysticwriter612
23 posts
Nomad

Just start using some traits on maps you're a little better on and do the best make-shift manafarm trap system you can. The traits I use one the maps I have no troubles on are 3 faster waves, 3 wait for ur mana, 7 orblets, 7 enemies pass thru and get stronger (stuff goes down hill quick once they start to pass thru ne way, no need to milk for more, the trait helps wit exp more than milking at that point) and 7 to shadows spawning (they give decent exp per kill and aren't really hard to take down and add a ton of multiplier)

Also, I am not sure of your personal finances but the premium for gemcraft cs IS a great value. I take care of my mom and own a house with a really low income and was still able to swing it so maybe it's something to look into. Plus I love supporting the maker's of gemcraft saga =) I think it's still mainly just one dude making these amazing games!

callmeishmael
callmeishmael
57 posts
Nomad

On O5, try building a wall that will force the mobs coming in through the path at the upper right down as far as you can without blocking. Otherwise they are able to come in a relatively short distance without being massaged by your killgem. And anger with G1s. Even four per wave will yield you more mana than you put into angering.

At lvl 70 you may be well better off with a killgem in a tower surrounded by amps. I wasn't able to put together an effective mana farm until I was around lvl 150.

Finally, if it's at all possible buy the Pouch. Not only will you be sending some money toward the guy who spent three years developing this game, you will find yourself with a much richer (Not easier, just richer) experience.

Showing 1-4 of 4