ForumsThe Tavern[Necro] Chicken

9 5017
lego12344
lego12344
165 posts
Peasant

Chicken?

Chicken is american, chicken is delish, chicken is.......................................................................................................................................................................................

AMAZZING

Now who had chicken today? Post i and some text

• 9 Replies
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Chicken is american [...]

Where did you get this notion? The chicken is domesticated from Asian junglefowl. There is nothing American about it.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Fish, he's talking about chicken meat prepared in a form popularized in America, not the chicken itself.

I don't see that as being correct either, as chicken dishes were common throughout Europe long before their introduction to America, and have equal claim to the mass noun "chicken".
Seashark001
Seashark001
613 posts
Nomad

I don't see that as being correct either, as chicken dishes were common throughout Europe long before their introduction to America, and have equal claim to the mass noun "chicken".

I agree with fish, as chicken was eaten throughout Europe before a thing called KFC.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Every post in this thread on chicken has been about chicken. Discussing the origin of chicken also sounds more interesting to me than to just answer "yes" or "no", which by the way would be considered spam. But to satisfy your striving for a poll: no, I had no chicken today. I will go even further and say that yes, I do like chicken.

To be honest I am also puzzled by the attribution of chicken as "American". I got now that by chicken, the OP means a particular food. But what kind of chicken food exactly? Chicken nuggets? Roast chicken? Chicken Satay? Chicken Curry? The possibilities are endless and most importantly very international.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

why have chicken when you can have Sausage

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Did I have chicken today? No but I had it Saturday.

Chicken has got to be my favorite food. You can put it on almost everything and it will still taste good.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

To answer your question, no, I did not eat chicken today... but that's not to say it doesn't appear somewhere in about half of my weekly meals! =)

why have chicken when you can have Sausage

Why not just eat a chicken sausage? =)
gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

Chicken is great because there is so much you can do with it. Every day I'll bet someone comes up with a new recipe. I just posted one I found for Marmite chicken in Most Bizarre Food Flavors, and I would attempt to make it if I knew where to find Marmite in this country, and if I was a better cook.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Oooom Please don't necro Chickens.

Showing 1-9 of 9