Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Chicken

Posted Jul 6, '14 at 10:32am

lego12344

lego12344

100 posts

Chicken?

Chicken is american, chicken is delish, chicken is.......................................................................................................................................................................................

AMAZZING

Now who had chicken today? Post i and some text

Posted Jul 6, '14 at 10:47am

FishPreferred

FishPreferred

1,558 posts

Chicken is american [...]

Where did you get this notion? The chicken is domesticated from Asian junglefowl. There is nothing American about it.

Posted Jul 6, '14 at 11:05am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,492 posts

Fish, he's talking about chicken meat prepared in a form popularized in America, not the chicken itself. But you knew that. In this case, the poor grammar and spelling are more noteworthy than the origin of domestic birds.

Besides, if you start arguing logistics rather than answering the question, you're going to irritate a mod.

I, for one, did not have chicken today.

Posted Jul 6, '14 at 11:57am

FishPreferred

FishPreferred

1,558 posts

Fish, he's talking about chicken meat prepared in a form popularized in America, not the chicken itself.

I don't see that as being correct either, as chicken dishes were common throughout Europe long before their introduction to America, and have equal claim to the mass noun "chicken".

Posted Jul 6, '14 at 12:01pm

Seashark001

Seashark001

612 posts

I don't see that as being correct either, as chicken dishes were common throughout Europe long before their introduction to America, and have equal claim to the mass noun "chicken".

I agree with fish, as chicken was eaten throughout Europe before a thing called KFC.

Posted Jul 6, '14 at 12:44pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,492 posts

Again, the origin of the chicken is irrelevant. Stop dancing around the vague definition of chicken and answer the question at hand. The OP specifically told people to post a response to "Now who had chicken today?" You've made it quite clear that the OP was historically inaccurate and taken the liberty of rubbing it in his face. Please answer the question.

Posted Jul 6, '14 at 1:09pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,301 posts

Knight

Every post in this thread on chicken has been about chicken. Discussing the origin of chicken also sounds more interesting to me than to just answer "yes" or "no", which by the way would be considered spam. But to satisfy your striving for a poll: no, I had no chicken today. I will go even further and say that yes, I do like chicken.

To be honest I am also puzzled by the attribution of chicken as "American". I got now that by chicken, the OP means a particular food. But what kind of chicken food exactly? Chicken nuggets? Roast chicken? Chicken Satay? Chicken Curry? The possibilities are endless and most importantly very international.

Posted Jul 7, '14 at 4:11pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,757 posts

why have chicken when you can have Sausage

Posted Jul 7, '14 at 4:14pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

14,752 posts

Knight

Did I have chicken today? No but I had it Saturday.

Chicken has got to be my favorite food. You can put it on almost everything and it will still taste good.

Posted Jul 8, '14 at 3:15am

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,316 posts

To answer your question, no, I did not eat chicken today... but that's not to say it doesn't appear somewhere in about half of my weekly meals! =)

why have chicken when you can have Sausage

Why not just eat a chicken sausage? =)

Reply to Chicken

You must be logged in to post a reply!