ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Advertising Spammers

5 2265
Seashark001
Seashark001
613 posts
Nomad

I suspect quite a few people saw that advertising spree, by rjbengali8. I was halfway through sending the message below this paragraph. I was just wondering what is being done to prevent things like this happening.

My Message:

I would stick to Facebook.

I do not believe this is the right place to be advertising this sort of thing for a number of reasons.

1) This is a gaming website, not a self-help clinic

2) Its almost screaming out that is isnt the real deal. I watched a Fake Britain rerun, talking about astrologers and people like this. Its not funnt preying on distraught people, asking for money that you will never provide a service for.

3) Your telephone number is Indian, and every country but India and some other Asian ones will cost thousands of pounds - just like the scam founded in the Dominican Republic

Let's face the truth here. I suspect no one cares, or would look for a self-help astrologer on a gaming website. No one in Ajmer City would go to you after seeing this ad, and neither would i if i lived there. You are going to get banned, you are going to be punished and you are going to be ignored.

• 5 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

The spammers are bots, so a message won't work. The site would benefit more from moderation tools that stop bots.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Report and ignore = best solution right now.

Also, be glad this isn't like Sky9 where the thread list often ends up looking like
Spam
Spam
Spam
Spam
Real thread
Spam
Spam
Spam
Spam
Spam
Spam
Real thread
Spam
Real thread
Spam
spam
spammy spam

next page.

~~~Darth Caedus

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

The moderation works hard on this every day, we appreciate that it doesn't work 100x worse.

Kystrider
Kystrider
1 posts
Nomad

My biggest problem is if I briefly accidentally mouse over one of the many ads, it begins to play the ad non stop and plays a HORRIBLE sound over and over to the point that I just exit out of the game/site. Not sure if this is a glitch or just a ****ty way to force me to see the ad, but i wish you could fix it

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Kystrider That's the nature of ads sometimes sadly. Even I get it.

Showing 1-5 of 5