ForumsGamesGemcraft CS Max level?

9 7239
mysticwriter612
mysticwriter612
23 posts
Nomad

I don't know why but I assumed 500 was max level, but now I am over lvl 500? Google didn't want to answer this question so I am starting to wonder if there is NO level cap? (not skill cap, that I believe to be 68 right?)

So what exactly is max level?

Also, what is max rarity on talismans?

Thanks to those who answer and if this is already in the forum, I did spend some time looking and can't seem to find a discussion on this.

• 9 Replies
Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Talisman rarity : 100
Skill cap : 45 base, +1 per talisman fragment, for 45+15 total. Exception : Wake of Eternity, which you get a +10 bonus to, for 45+25 instead of 45+15.

Max level? There is no max level per se, only a high reasonably achievable level. On my current stage, I got just under 1,000,000,000,000 experience when I finished the 207 normal waves, That brought me up from 3242 to 3253 ... experience required for each level goes up a TON at the really high levels. I doubt that it is reasonable for anyone to hit level 4000, though I expect that is possible. I doubt it is all that possible to hit level 5000, though I could be wrong about that.

So, your level is not capped, but the experience required to gain the next level gets obscenely high. Also, there is an element of luck in your experience farming, because Touch of Wisdom sparks are random, and the more you get the more experience you can get from any given stage.

mysticwriter612
mysticwriter612
23 posts
Nomad

Astro you have been a valuable gemcraft resource. I think you should redo the **** wiki and put them to shame! Haha!

I had no idea how many levels were obtainable. I have so many objectives I wish to complete now. I'm somewhere around 550 level, usually when I do BAD I gain about 20 levels. Not looking forward to that drop off...

On a side note, what do you recommend for traits for exp? I've been doing the following- Haunting (talisman hunting...) 3 haste, 3 mana lock, 7 orblet, 7 corrupted banishment, 7 chasing shadows. I have been trying to figure out if it's better for exp (for my current level and such) to do normal, glaring, or haunting with these traits? Idk how but I ended up getting like 200mil exp on this one map doing haunting with those traits, but every other one I average 30mil exp. For now.

Oh and when enranging waves, when should I start/stop and what grade gems...? I usually start when endurance kicks in and use grade 12 gems. I keep forgetting to do this though, this might be how I got 200mil that one map...

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Read the various guides for ideas on how to do a manafarm. Manafarm area, killing area, beacon denial, bombing .. its all available in one shape or another.

For traits, use the highest level of whatever traits you are comfortable with. When I manafarm, I just turn them all on to level 7, max difficulty. This gives me a very high exp multiplier, and good bombing can get you millions, if not billions, of raw experience. Something like every 12 or 13 billion raw experience with that kind of multiplier is a trillion post-battle experience (though, obviously, your previous high gets subtracted from the new high, you only get "new" experience points, not re-earned old ones). That said, you want to start bombing from the get go, so the monsters actually make it past your manafarm area. If the farm is killing them, then you are not leeching as much mana as you possibly can from them. Additionally, the more you bomb, the more experience you gain per monster. Why settle for 3 exp per monster from a 5 monster wave, when you can bomb the bajeesus out of the wave, and get 400 exp for each of 999 monsters that you can kill just as easily?

oLaudix
oLaudix
48 posts
Nomad

10000 is max level but good luck getting there.

mysticwriter612
mysticwriter612
23 posts
Nomad

10,000 wow. Thanks! Astro, as always you're a great help. I'll go see if I can find me a bombing guide! BOOM!

cronos51
cronos51
108 posts
Nomad

mystic, I think you should take a look at this guide and thread:
rapid leveling

For XP an levels:
With a G100 killgem (G98 amps) its possible to gain roughly 3,3E+13 on a field. It takes several days to do that, though. It would approximately take one to level 3380.

Level 3380: 1 G100 run
Level 3750: 10 such runs
Level 4000: 60 such runs, so that would probably take about a year ...
Level 5000: in theory one would need about 280.000 runs

So Lvl 3500 - 37xx are realistic. By then even the most obsessed and addicted among us should have lost interest. I lost it at Level 3650 ...

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Right now, I'm level 3266, with 145 stages explored. I'm missing a couple from the compass, but not many.

You would be lucky to get 150 g100 runs done, whether you beat endurance or not. Level 5000 is clearly unattainable unless the exp required to ding starts to decrease at some point over level 4000.

bobbybaby
bobbybaby
15 posts
Nomad

At the high levels (2000+) there isn't much benefit from getting to an even higher level. If you are doing a run you will be mana farming and the mana you gain will dwarf whatever you start with. It's a change of mindset from earlier in the game where levelling up makes a massive difference. It seems that people have instead created other challenges for themselves such as getting a G100 gem or beating endurance.

lexand_2005
lexand_2005
1 posts
Farmer

I'm 33528, and 40000+ not the end...

Showing 1-9 of 9