ForumsGamesCS - Quick guide for players <L80

2 1288
tallstevef
tallstevef
2 posts
Nomad

Hi All,

No expert here, but after looking around on the forum and being stuck on a few levels (vision fields) and finding it hard to make progress around the high 70's levels I thought I'd share some of the things I've found (all via tips on this forum!) to really help me move past some of the harder levels without grinding of the lower levels...

1. Don't spend all your skill points!
2. Up the skill levels in groups of 3.
3. Max out Crit Hit skill (if possible!)
4. Use single colour gem (yellow) in towers where possible - boosted with yellow gems in amps - don't do what I did and mix yellow and purple for either the tower or amps! (it might work better later but pure yellow blasted me through levels where I was stuck for ages!
5. I found that curse and freeze are extremely helpful...
6. Calling waves early gives you mana, and boosts the rate at which curse and freeze are recharged - a bit of balancing when using these facts can really save your bacon!

Hope this helps

• 2 Replies
tallstevef
tallstevef
2 posts
Nomad

Oh yes, I'm only level 84-ish at the moment and haven't got premium...

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

On stages that offer you red, be sure to include a little bit of it in your yellow killing gem. One G1 red and 15 G1 yellows all combined into one grade 5 gem will provide a nice starter for you.

If you cannot use red for some reason, then use dark blue. It is the strongest gem normally available to non-premium players, and while it will not provide that multi-monster hit capability that red would, it will give you more single target damage (as well as some slow effect, giving you more time with that target) than any other non-premium color.

For the amps, use pure yellow.

And feel free to use psorek's 16 gem upgrade plan. It will raise your gem grade by 3, the gem cost by 4 grades worth, but it will give you a stronger gem than if you had pressed U 3 or 4 times. Even if you simply start with it, it helps. Obviously though, use requires that you have enough mana to create a Grade 5 gem from the beginning.

One last tip : don't max skills out early on. Just because you have a skill cap of 12 does not mean you should have several skills at level 12. Having those skills at 9 or even as low as 6 (or 3 for some, such as Freeze, Curse, Bolt, Beam) can save you enough skill points that you start out with enough mana for your purposes.

Showing 1-2 of 2