ForumsThe TavernHow many hobos have you seen on the street?

17 8678
lego12344
lego12344
165 posts
Peasant

I would just like to say that I saw 5 hobos yesterday, I mean wow. I would like to know THE TRUTH about who saw who many hobos!

• 17 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I have seen three different hobos in my life.

whazup4341
whazup4341
3 posts
Nomad

This is a very rude post, and the correct term would be homeless, if at all you could of at-least got the proper term correct...

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

Yea, id prefer the word "homeless", but... yea. I live in the wealthier part of town, (and NO- i am NOT a mean, rich, slob) so i havent seen any round here. But i went into the city recently, where one asked me for money! I didint have any , but yea....

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

There are lots of homeless in Cincinnati. I've seen many on the streets. I once saw a family of homeless, it was sad.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Back when I lived in Montreal there were too many already.
The majority have mental illnesses so it makes them dangerous at time.
A couple years before I moved to the US there were more and more younger ones which is pretty sad.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

This is a very rude post, and the correct term would be homeless

Agreed, calling someone who is financially challenged a "hobo" is really disrespectful. I know the pains of being called a hobo all too well.
whazup4341
whazup4341
3 posts
Nomad

Well, the reason we dont give money to homeless is that we think that their just creatures on the streets and since nobody is giving us money we dont give money to them, its what society is sadly enough, and nobody changes that much, ;_;

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

This is a very rude post, and the correct term would be homeless

Technically that's all hobo means, although it generally refers to people who travel around doing odd jobs.
gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I've never counted, but I always see at least one homeless person when I go into the city. Certain parts have more than others.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i seen a few hobos in person here in my city and im only 20, homeless rate isnt very high here and what there is, are mostly fakers wanting extra money [we caught a woman begging one day and a few days later saw her at a bbq restaurant pigging out with her family]

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Eh, once in a while I see people standing by the highway with signs for food or money or something. Someone I knew wanted to give one some fruit, but the driver wouldn't let us off.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

No, I honestly have no idea, but there are certain corners where newly homeless people will stand with signs that say "anything will help" or some variation of that. It's always the same corners, but it's always a different homeless person.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I see them off and on, depending on where I am. I wouldn't say most of them are hobos... they are but people who are homeless. When I picture a hobo, I imagine an older guy with dingy clothes, a dingy hat, ripped gloves, a beard and very few teeth... while there are homeless people who look like this, there are just as many who don't!

RoboBeard
RoboBeard
3 posts
Nomad

When I was driving back from grocery store, I saw a homeless person out on the sidewalk so I decided to give him some of my groceries and 20$

To answer your question I have seen about 10-15

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

This is a very rude post, and the correct term would be homeless, if at all you could of at-least got the proper term correct..

r u a hobo?

I live near a major city, so I see my fair share. Nice folk
Showing 1-15 of 17