Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

How many hobos have you seen on the street?

Posted Jul 10, '14 at 12:27am

Drink

Drink

1,598 posts

i seen a few hobos in person here in my city and im only 20, homeless rate isnt very high here and what there is, are mostly fakers wanting extra money [we caught a woman begging one day and a few days later saw her at a bbq restaurant pigging out with her family]

Posted Jul 10, '14 at 2:30am

StormWalker

StormWalker

6,276 posts

Eh, once in a while I see people standing by the highway with signs for food or money or something. Someone I knew wanted to give one some fruit, but the driver wouldn't let us off.

Posted Jul 10, '14 at 2:36am

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,302 posts

Knight

No, I honestly have no idea, but there are certain corners where newly homeless people will stand with signs that say "anything will help" or some variation of that. It's always the same corners, but it's always a different homeless person.

Posted Jul 10, '14 at 5:25am

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,304 posts

I see them off and on, depending on where I am. I wouldn't say most of them are hobos... they are but people who are homeless. When I picture a hobo, I imagine an older guy with dingy clothes, a dingy hat, ripped gloves, a beard and very few teeth... while there are homeless people who look like this, there are just as many who don't!

Posted Jul 10, '14 at 3:02pm

RoboBeard

RoboBeard

3 posts

When I was driving back from grocery store, I saw a homeless person out on the sidewalk so I decided to give him some of my groceries and 20$

To answer your question I have seen about 10-15

Posted Jul 11, '14 at 12:39am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,700 posts

This is a very rude post, and the correct term would be homeless, if at all you could of at-least got the proper term correct..

r u a hobo?

I live near a major city, so I see my fair share. Nice folk

Posted Jul 12, '14 at 10:55am

daleks

daleks

3,651 posts

There are a few corners where "homeless" people stand. You can never tell though if the person is actually homeless or just pretending to get money though. Sad but true.

Posted Jul 13, '14 at 4:04pm

Seashark001

Seashark001

612 posts

I once went on holiday in Brighton, in Rngland, and during the day the hobos, as you so rudely call them, keep themselves occupied. I only saw an influx in their numbers around midnight, when they sat in pairs outside restaurants. I do feel sorry for them, except those begging for their alcohol/drug funds.

Reply to How many hobos have you seen on the street?

You must be logged in to post a reply!