ForumsGamesGemcraft CS : Permafreeze manafarm question

6 2214
Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

What's good number of monsters to have on your manafarm trap?

Right now I've got some 27k (roughly). I'm aiming at around 39-40k. My manafarm gem has over 69k chain, so I should be good (assuming the game itself does not booger up on me) right?

• 6 Replies
cronos51
cronos51
108 posts
Nomad

The max I had once was close to 50k (flash standalone). 1 second gametime was about 2 1/2 minutes realtime (I think that was at 1.0.17). I don't think you will have any problems and lag should be more acceptable since 1.0.18

I had the feeling that lag increased somewhat proportionally to the number of monsters. So in realtime it is not quicker to push that to the limit - you just have to freeze less often. Talking about mana per realtime my best result - if I remember it right - was with about 20k monsters (1.0.17, too).

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Did more monsters give you more mana, or did you see diminishing returns after that?

cronos51
cronos51
108 posts
Nomad

It was at 1.0.17, so I don't know how things have changed in the meantime.

I had played with more than 40k monsters. Then I killed some till I had 20k.
The results were close, but even better for 20k. I had killed some more monsters then and had about 8k, which was way worse than 20k.
(always talking about mana per realtime)

cronos51
cronos51
108 posts
Nomad

I completely forgot about something:
At one point I remarked that putting my notebook into Sleep (I never tried hibernation), sometimes lag largely decreased.

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

I'm playing on a desktop. I don't put it to sleep, I don't even have a screensaver turned on. I just pause and turn off the monitor when its time for bed or for work or RL calls or whatever.

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Getting more than 5e25 mana this manalock cycle, but I'm not timing the cycle to see how much longer than its supposed 100 seconds it is taking in RL time. I'm able to pause between each "tick" of mana entering the manalock though, and last cycle I did the math and it was something on the order of 16,295,855,608,771,000,000,000 mana.

I think that next time I attempt this, I'm going to have to have Wake of Eternity maxed out as well. I bombed the waves to e60 level HP, so I'm not really worried about prematurely killing them. But it seems to me that WoE has a use, not as a monster killer or weakener, but as a banisher, so that monsters that have gotten past my farm trap can be sent back to be frozen on the trap.

Showing 1-6 of 6