ForumsGamesRaze 3 thoughts?

22 17305
gballer99
gballer99
4 posts
Peasant

What do you think of the newly released Raze 3? How does it compare with Raze 2?
Pros/Cons?

Cons - A lot more lag than previous raze games

• 22 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I've liked it a lot, lag is a side effect of being more advanced unfortunately.

Only problem right now is online saves are inaccessible for me.

~~~Darth Caedus

gballer99
gballer99
4 posts
Peasant

Raze 2 quick match was a lot better. You were able to add multiple teams and change the difficulty for each team which is a lot better then Raze 3 quick match options.

Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

I actually didn't get too much lag from this game funnily enough.

Although I do have some problems with this game. For example, some of the perks are broken because they don't work. The perk where you climb up ledges doesn't work. The perk where you get to triple jump doesn't work.

Plus, the devs tried too hard to make Alien campaign ending be like the Human campaign ending from a different perspective. I mean, my character also travelled back in time with the Alien Leader, yet only he appears in the ending just to get shot by Ghost. It wouldn't have happened if my character, you know, was there with the Alien Leader.

And I did notice this game is probably the easiest out of the Raze games in terms of how skilled the AI is. I mean, the times the AI acts stupid outweighs the times where the AI acts smart.

gballer99
gballer99
4 posts
Peasant

Amen, when playing team death match all the enemy AI was doing was standing in one spot

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

I've liked it a lot, lag is a side effect of being more advanced unfortunately.

The lag is highly inconvenient. I can barely play for 10 minutes before it slows down to the point where it creates an illusion that my character is actually teleporting to another part of the screen.

I've never had problems with lag with any other game that I can remember, and other people have been making the same complaint, so it has to be at least partially game-related. I will look for a solution to this lag problem, and I will start by playing in Firefox instead of Chrome to see if that makes a difference.
zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

I have never had the degree of lag issues I'm having with this game, and the lag is present on the lowest settings in all browsers, even when zoomed to 80%.

sonicsdimas
sonicsdimas
14 posts
Peasant

I actually didn't get too much lag from this game funnily enough.

Although I do have some problems with this game. For example, some of the perks are broken because they don't work. The perk where you climb up ledges doesn't work. The perk where you get to triple jump doesn't work.

Plus, the devs tried too hard to make Alien campaign ending be like the Human campaign ending from a different perspective. I mean, my character also travelled back in time with the Alien Leader, yet only he appears in the ending just to get shot by Ghost. It wouldn't have happened if my character, you know, was there with the Alien Leader.

And I did notice this game is probably the easiest out of the Raze games in terms of how skilled the AI is. I mean, the times the AI acts stupid outweighs the times where the AI acts smart.

The perks doesn't work in campaign,it only works in quickmatch and daily challenge. I hope they'll allow it in campaign tho.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I like the human campaign because it's generally very easy to complete the levels, but it's hard to get 3 stars, or even 2 stars on some levels! I can't blame the lag for all of it... I just have to get better at the game! =)

The lag is highly inconvenient.

Refreshing the page seems to take care of that! Though I do agree, it is inconvenient having to do it every 10 minutes! =P
Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

The perks doesn't work in campaign,it only works in quickmatch and daily challenge. I hope they'll allow it in campaign tho.

That's pretty odd.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

1.1 went live an hour or so ago and fixed perks.

~~~Darth Caedus

DarthTyrannausarus
DarthTyrannausarus
538 posts
Nomad

Does Raze 3 have multiplayer? I heard there is, but when I played it, I did not see that option.

Overall a good game, kinda laggy but not really a problem for me. I also liked that the weapons looked similar to the guns in Halo 4.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Does Raze 3 have multiplayer?

No, and please stop asking.

I also liked that the weapons looked similar to the guns in Halo 4.
Meanwhile over at the once official sky9 forums, everyone is complaining about this.

~~~Darth Caedus
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I like this latest version of Raze; it's like a cool cross between Raze 2 and SFH 2. I only wish a had more time to invest in playing it

Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

The update did some justice to this game thankfully.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

I generally don't have lag problems with games and I generally don't have slow computer speed problems (in fact I often have problems with parts going too fast for functional gameplay). However, whether due to generalized lag or due to slow response time in the code, I definitely find that this game reacts quite slowly to your choices of actions. This unfortunately makes it not much fun.

Showing 1-15 of 22