ForumsThe TavernBattle of medieval weapons V2 (Current battle: pg. 10)

102 46733
nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

i did this before but i was a noob and didn't do any pictures or anything an it just wasn't a good thread. but its dead now so here is a better version!

so here is what you do. 2 warriors fight in a one on one battle in flat terrain they are both equally skilled and have no armor but they have different weapons you vote on which one would win.

first battle.

Longsword

Vs

Broadsword

http://www.medieval-weaponry.co.uk/acatalog/S5710M-920-1.jpg

• 102 Replies
nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

new battle when we get 5 more votes or in 2 days whichever comes first

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

WarHammer ! How will you craft Axe if you don't have Hammer XD.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I don't have much recollection of a war hammer actually ever being used. It would be more of a mace if anything.

Well then, read and learn. The war hammer in its different forms was used in medieval times by different units. From the Horseman's pick over the maul up to the pole weapon Bec de corbin, it is definitely not only a mace-like weapon.

A battleaxe is certainly a powerful and stylish weapon, but I think I am going with the warhammer. Contrary to battleaxes it was even effective against the toughest of armors.
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Warhammer wins every time. Enemy has some armor on? No problem just crush it and his organs. His armor to thick? Physics! The power will transfer through his armor into him! The weight and length give the hammer the momentum and swing to become devastating.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Battleaxe. It can have the weight of a hammer but the cutting force of a sword.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Warhammer - 4
Battle axe - 6

Winner: Battleaxe

Next battle:

Longbow:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBZtaSvBTJCRZn2XAg4AWDHUAT-Bq-CfhBpipggG2Kfx3O-yHr

Vs

Crossbow:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsXJpJiPy1kS1ThqP4JjMUFMLCGju4EOjNhnDeNUFoDO8ti_wgwQ

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

Longbow. Can shoot with more power, from further away, and can reload and shoot quicker.

thesakew
thesakew
203 posts
Jester

Crossbow can rip the shield, deadly.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

The crossbow is way more powerful in short distances, but loses in big distances; also it is much slower to reload. Longbow wins for me.

Lobotis
Lobotis
75 posts
Nomad

My vote is longbow

Faster shooting and better range.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

The longbow, in the hands of a professional, is the most dangerous weapon of the medieval age. Look up Agincourt to see why.

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

longbows are better weapons but it takes much longer to teach someone to be good with a longbow.
It takes much less time to teach someone to use a crossbow so in times of war you can deploy much more crossbow men than you can longbow men.
I vote crossbow

Lowco1
Lowco1
1,035 posts
Nomad

Longbow!

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

Longbow has better range and is a better stealth weapon.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

next battle in 2 days or 3 votes

Showing 61-75 of 102