ForumsThe TavernBattle of medieval weapons V2 (Current battle: pg. 10)

102 46674
nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

i did this before but i was a noob and didn't do any pictures or anything an it just wasn't a good thread. but its dead now so here is a better version!

so here is what you do. 2 warriors fight in a one on one battle in flat terrain they are both equally skilled and have no armor but they have different weapons you vote on which one would win.

first battle.

Longsword

Vs

Broadsword

http://www.medieval-weaponry.co.uk/acatalog/S5710M-920-1.jpg

• 102 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

nivlac, could you explain what you mean by power and speed in spears and halberds? Power in what; thrust? Speed in what; handling?

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

by power i mean if you hit someone with spear and than hit someone with a halberd with the same amount of strength the halberd would do more damage. by speed I mean its lighter so you could swing it around faster.

Lowco1
Lowco1
1,035 posts
Nomad

Spear, faster and longer is good if there is a speedy enemey.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Halberd, spear is (more or less) a thrust (if short enough also throwing) weapon, the halberd has a greater spectrum, also works fine as baton.

*changed title*

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Definitely halberd. It combines the positive features of a pike and a pollaxe and is highly effective against cavalry.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

@Omegap12 You mention Spartans, yet you post a pic of Macedonians.

Furthermore, Sarissa were twice as long as the spears used by Hoplites.

Halberds are better imo, as they combine the strength's of spears, axes, and hooks into one versatile and cheap weapon.

EDIT: @UnleashedUponMankind The battle started on Page 9.

~~~Darth Caedus

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

Spear, I always use this as a weapon in every RPG.

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

You mention Spartans, yet you post a pic of Macedonians.

Oops. To tell the truth, i was looking for a picture of a phalanx, that wasnt necessarily of Spartans.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Halberd, for the reasons mentioned above: versatile weapon combining the strength of different other weapons.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

new battle in 2 days or 3 votes

Gladiator246
Gladiator246
363 posts
Scribe

Well i have to say halberds.
Spear looks cooler but halberd is more powerful.I always go for high damage than anything else.In SFH2 snipers deal huge damage in one shot,so i love them.Engineers and generals take a lot of shots and deal the same damage,so they are like the spear.

Moreover,If the Halberd is used by a extremely strong person,it could be as agile as a spear.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I need some suggestions for battles I've ran out of ideas (post them here or my profile).

Showing 91-102 of 102