ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: Is it still possible to get from 31xx to 4000 in one run?

9 2864
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Pauses. Waits for Cheers that the great GC2 leader Thunderrider is back. Receives 0 cheers. Cries.

-------LineBreak-------

Okay, so lets see what I know, ok?

It takes approx 1.75-1.9E15 XP(!!!) to reach level 4000. I know someone who did it with shrines, and angered 500+ waves to E300 hp.

...Well...that was actually before the supergem craze....so I think I could attempt that....if I got really lucky, I could do it. Maybe.

PS: For my last run, I had to restart browser for a dumb update and thus, it ended. E29 mana(which is now nothing as legions of inspired gemcrafters have reached the 30s....shame on me!).

Well, I'm now ready and will start tomorrow. Oh wait! Mathy stuff!

Lets see....mana lock or no mana lock?

Well....I need all the multiplier I can get so....I guess I'll be meeting my archenemy soon

BLANK Carapace(I forgot LOL been away for ages).

Yeah....2 angers doesn't equal +8.40x multiplier. Well....yeah.

So i'll be with 78.10. First time ever for XP, I've only gone max traits for talismans. Shame! :P

I'll be finding a near-max # wave map with room for 6 amps + 8 amp tower.

I'll say which one I've chosen tomorrow...

Video? NO. ME NO NEED LAG. I'ma get at least 25k monsters on. I should check tho, is there an update past 1.0.19?

Anyway, FACEPALM I keep forgetting to do math!

Lets be nice and say, 1.5 Quadrillion(which would be a feat in itself even if it's likely only 3,900).

1.5 Q / 78.1 = 1.92E13.

Which is....19.2 Trillion base xp...

Um.

Losing confidence.

Terminating....

Well, lets say my average spark bonus = 20x (generous).

19.2 T / 20 = 960 billion.

My talisman is about 2.2x

960 B / 2.2 = 436 B

436 B / 999 Monster/Wave = 437 M

437 M / 999 Waves = 437,300 xp required per monster.

....yeah. It's impossible. BAH.

I'll still try to get 1 quadrillion in one run though! > wish me luck!

~291,500 per monster. *cries*

Ah well, I'll try right? Starts tomorrow. Will post stuffz here.

• 9 Replies
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Update- I totally forgot about Swarmling Domination ruining PermaFreeze. Darn it. -35% waves of lower xp tho will make up for losing the multiplier, I think

Also, I think I'm gonna do it on X4, ironically it was the ideal levelling map when shrines rules too. -9 trillion...so I'll get 991 T if I make it lol.

mafilux
mafilux
22 posts
Shepherd

I've kind of lost interest in this game. Unlike GCL, once you beat it, theres not much to do on it without having to play for hours on one map. With GCL, you were able to go and beat a full 1337 waves of endurance in less than an hour. With this one, i can barely get to wave 500 after 5 or 6 hours of a mana farm. It gets so boring because of that. I don't want to waste 5 hours of play to not even finish endurance.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

You can always pause it and play later. Unlike before V1.018 it lags much less...

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Failure. LAG at 5k monsters. Wave 7 fail

Just cannot stand the lag when combining gems.

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

D'oh.

I get the same amount of gem combining lag whether I've got 10 monsters on screen, or 20k.

I killed my last permafreeze run where I had some 44k monsters on screen though, because that was lagging me too much. 18,981 (19 waves worth) monsters is running much better.

bobbybaby
bobbybaby
15 posts
Nomad

So what's the XP record for recent versions?

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

I think, my 62 trillions on f1 aren't too bad - but I had bad luck with sparks so I think 200 trillions should be 'easily' possible.

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

@bobbybaby The record is made to be broken. If you wanted to, you could spend the next five years with 3k or 4k monsters on permafreeze getting experience for your constant Freeze and Curse spells cast upon them, and get over 1e15 raw exp. I cannot say I recommend it, but any amount of experience is achievable, as long as you are willing to put forth the time.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Testament
--------------

And for you, my sons and daughters, my grand- and great-grandchildren!
The house and garden should be yours as long as you permafreeze and post the xp to Armorgame...

SCNR!

Showing 1-9 of 9