ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMrDayCee's Dabblings...

27 26483
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Since I have grown quite fond of dabbling in the creative art department of Armor Games, I decided it was time to make a thread of my own in the AMW Forum! This collection will present everything I have made so far and all the creations to come in the future of course.

For my creations I mostly use the (ancient) program called 'Paint', as it is something I used for a long time now which has made me quite familiar with all the trades and tricks to use. I do know there are other programs out there, much better ones, but I sometimes prefer some 'raw' edges in my work and don't have the time or will to learn another program right now... there, that's the truth! LOL

My 'style' could be called 'funny clean cartoon-like art' I guess... I really love cartoons and always try to portray everything I create in a way that it makes the viewer smile upon seeing it. I've been using shading for quite a while now, but the clean line-type of shading still has my preference over freestyle, as the latter brings me out of my comfort zone of clean colored pieces... so I'm still working on that! Heh...

Right... so, if you wondered in here -out of curiousity or perhaps by mistake-, do feel free to criticise my work, throw suggestions about it my way, or even ask me to create something for you in 'my art style' if you want! No guarantees, but I do like a challenge from time to time! All depends on whether I can find the time and inspiration for it... ;P

On with the show! I hope you will enjoy my dabblings in art...

• 27 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

First up will be my submissions for the "Spring" Edition of the Armor Games' Armatar Contest held back in 2009... =)

These are the very first Armatars I created, which... errr... clearly shows! I wasn't experienced with 'Paint' yet and I simply tried a few things to see how it turned out. The 'Purple Flower' is still one of my favorite ones ever though! I even liked it so much, I decided to revise it into a new version for the 2014 "Spring" Edition! =)

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3301/4574558061_3671b6545c_m_d.jpg Spring Birdy

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4014/4522892416_eddf17b4de_m_d.jpg Purple Spring Flower

I also made a critter at the time, but since it had nothing to do with the spring theme, I decided not to submit it into the contest...

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5305/5641311749_a6e55a7380_m_d.jpg Purple Critter

More to follow soon! =)

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Nice Arts, also paint is like the stone age/hardest digital drawing tool I can think of ಠ_ಠ but outside of that I remember my failed attempts at trying to draw with a mouse...ã½(ï½`ç¿â²ï½)ï¾

Besides the frustration I gave upon it and got a tablet, though I am surprised at those who do it that manage to do some amazing things. I would like to see the progression of your art since 2009 so don't let this fade into the abyss!

(ÎεÎ
I seriously need to make another thread for me, I think it would be like #4 and if you didn't notice i discovered the emote wiki page (â§ã­â&brvbar

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

You actually saved my thread from dying a silent death there @HecticHermit! I was wondering if anyone would be interested in my work over the years, but you prooved me wrong! ^^

I learned few tricks here and there that make it easier to work with Paint and it also decreases the time one needs to put into a single piece... in the beginning I needed a lot of time filtering out and fixing stray pixels, which was annoying as the end result was 'ok', but the time spend suggested it should be 'awesome' if you know what I mean!

I will continue posting my work, so you will be able to see my progress over the years. I am also thinking of making a short tutorial on how to work with Paint - 101 and let others benefit from what I've learned. It won't be much, but it might help those that need the final push to try out their skills and enter contests here on Armor Games! =)

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Hey, I'm here! Like your arts a lot.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

:P well given that my threads die so often, I know how it feels (´ï¼Ïï¼`) but I try, I even offer to draw things for people sometimes though I am not super active on my drawings all the time...given the life span of my DA, and the submissions there I averaged 2-3 month

Anyways, I should really work on making a methodical type approach to drawing and put out more. Most of the time its just squiggling stuff on a page

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I feel the need to add some stuff I created for users of Armor Games in the past as well which I created with Paint... even though they all mostly consist of images I used from the free clipart available online and thus edited, resized, altered and combine-constructed them into their end result, I still feel proud of how they turned out and how happy those users were with them! =)

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8284/7797358020_1057115fef_o_d.png
The Armor Games "AG3 Clan Shield"
I made this for @shock457 (if I recall correctly? LOL) when the clans were booming at the time... he wanted a nice header and logo for his clan and I suggested this shield as it is simple, yet distinctive to his clan's theme! He recently changed his profile's about though... which no longer features this logo. =/

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8304/7858851966_dcc9312bdd_o_d.png
"Emperor shock457"
He also requested an image of him as the Emperor of his clan... which made me use the image of a throne to draw a stick figure on it (he liked the stick men games a lot) and finish it with the images of an Emperor's crown (it's a King's, I know... sue me! =P) and a scepter to rule his clan's followers. This is also not showing anymore, because of the about change... =/

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8177/8029889045_e77d4bba9b_o_d.png
"Salvidian's Pickle Project"
This one I am particularly proud of! I had to create a logo for @salvidian's thread in the Programming Forum and he asked me to come up with something to portray the thread's content entirely...

I immediately thought of a shield being the outlining (Armor Games logo) and then searched for suitable free images of the main subjects in the thread: "Programming", "Art" and "Sound". Once I came up with the color schematics for the individual logo's and their backgrounds, I spend quite some time in perfecting the shield to it's end result. I believe it took me 2 days worth of creating, editing and polishing it to the final logo... (-.-)

Even though salvidian was extremely pleased with his logo, he is now no longer with us as he decided to self-delete his account and walk away from Armor Games... (-_-,)

----

As you can see, I am not only fond of making Art from the ground up, but also like to use other images (mind you: free to use vectors!) and create new art with it. Some more examples are the Battle Announcements for the MBWC and CRBWC competitions I held in the past... if someone wants to see them or discuss them, feel free to ask me! =)

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

All good stuff, tho I feel there are a lot of missing MrDayCee art. Are you selectively picking out pieces that have significance or am I misleading myself with the idea that we have been doing this for a long time :P

I should get down with my own thread :O

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

You mean the ones I have been collaging and making for the threads and such? Because the rest of the art I ever made in my past is on paper and buried on the attic I'm afraid... =/

But yes @weirdlike... we've been making Armatar submissions for quite a while now, so there's some stuff to come! =)

Plus I'm still thinking of making a short 'How-to with Paint' thread for other artists to get a feel on how I work and put it to their own good use...

minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

Wow. very cool art , i never got experinced in using paint (things i did there deserve to be killed with fire). But keep up the great drawings Sir.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Thank you @minecraftsniper, that's very kind! ^^

Maybe the thread I'm going to make on how to create stuff with Paint would be of help to you then?

minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

It will for sure , i may be posting some arts if i get experinced enough ^^

thesakew
thesakew
203 posts
Jester

I create my own thread in Art, Music and Writing. Inspired by @MrDayCee and other.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Just realised it's been a while since I posted some new 'old' art of mine in here... I will gather some and add it during the coming week though. Too much to do with work right now... =)

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

So when are we going to see more of these things? seems like yo might have to hire a treasure hunter to explore some forgotten catacombs lined with booby traps.

But yea hows it going MrdayCee? I am just scribbling stuff that might not see the light of day. Though I might start another thread since I said I would a while ago.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Heheh... as I stated above, and it is still true, I have a lot going on right now @HecticHermit, so posting new old stuff is postponed untill next week for now... =)

I haven't created anything new for quite a while, but I'll definitely add some of my older stuff next week for feedback and review. First I need to spend some time with my GF on a short trip to Belgium, get my head cleared, charge my mental batteries and enjoy her company! Which also means no new Armatar Contest untill next week as well... ugh... so much to catch up on!! (Oo)

Thanx for running the ASC btw... never said that anywhere I think... it's appreciated!! =)

Showing 1-15 of 27