ForumsGamesWill PC overcome Consoles? No!

29 4833
thebeast782
thebeast782
63 posts
Nomad

Will PC over come Console's? i thought you'd all know the answer, the answer is no.

1. The price: They are to expensive, even refurbished PC'S, they got good deals but still to0 much, a console was made to make a cheaper and better version of a PC (or at least try)

2. Sales: you can tell, PS4: over 7 million units, PC'S this year:1 million at the time of this post.

3.:Oh YE CANNY PUT YOUR PC ON YOUR MCGUFFEN 42 INCH TV

oh you cant? *YEAH!* not like i dont have on my 42' with a wireless key bored.
yeah people still dont know that you can play it on your tv.

Oh and 97% of games on a PC can be used with an xbox 360 controller.

those are some reason's why PC will never lead in the market.

Post below what you think on PC'S.

Have a nice day.

• 29 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

@SSTG - Do you know the STEPS to try emulating a PSP or PS2? And if any of those fails go back to start and hope you find the part that messed up. And that's just getting the emulator to work in the first place. Now hope the copy of the game you want to play works.

Nope but they'll do it eventually. Look at all the consoles they can emulate already.

Heck, trying to play a PS1 game and it freezes. On everything I've tried. With just about every fix I've tried to look up. Please note mods, I'm not naming programs.

There's no problem as long as you don't give links to download roms.
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Also, a PC can emulate any console. Try to beat that!

Pssh, I can only get to Atari 2600 up to the N64. Any further, too much work for me.

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

Fact: Consoles are actually dying.

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

So just saying, PC's are not really marketed to for gaming. And with proper equipment and knowhow, Yes you CAN emulate any console. As for as not using a keyboard for racing games, I actually do better on a keyboard (Look man I don't know either.) As for fighting games, I would just use my Xbox controller. As an added bonus PC games are a bit ahead of the curb. I COULD NOT get Oblivion to look as crappy as it does on an Xbox. Also some companies are pretty PC freindly, just look at Gearbox. I don't this for certain but wasn't the Borderlands 2 DLC realesed earlier for PC? If it wasn't my bad but whatever. My biggest reason for wanting a console is now entirely irrelevant. I only wanted a console so I didn't have to worry about being connected to the internet, I know funny right. I think people are just going to stay ignorant about consoles and PC's and it will end up at the point were a console is just a PC with a weird screen. Also you used to have to use hydra vision to hook a PC up to a tv. Also a PC is far less restrictive than a console (not for long though) as far as what you can do with it.

[/quote]Not any console. Have fun trying to emulate Halo 3.[quote] Or, or, hear me out here, buy a PC copy of the game.

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Sorry for double posting let me fix that quot mistake.
[/quote]Not any console. Have fun trying to emulate Halo 3.[quote]
Or, or, hear me out here, buy a PC copy of the game.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I used to build my own PCs (desktops). It all changed when I bought this baby!
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html .
No need expensive capture cards anymore because I use laptops.
My main laptop is connected to a 30 inch HDTV, has a USB mouse connected to it, a USB soundcard ( http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UCA202-Audio-Interface/dp/B000KW2YEI/ref=sr_1_1/176-9257023-4700757?ie=UTF8&qid=1375399083&sr=8-1&keywords=behringer+usb+dac ) , nice speakers ( http://www.amazon.com/Creative-GigaWorks-Multimedia-BasXPort-Technolgy/dp/B001S14DYO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top/188-7383788-9942643 ), a turntable to digitize my vinyls ( http://www.ionaudio.com/products/details/ttusb ) , and a gamepad.

My other laptop that I use in the living room only has a USB mouse and a gamepad connected to it.
Now try to connect all these to a console! xD

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

The real question is will console ever overcome pc. The answer is no.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I prefer my consoles. I like having dedicated apps for all of my entertainment other than games. I still have to pay around $800-1000 for a decent computer to run SOME games, but I still can't run everything. Yeah, there are a bunch of indie titles for pc, which gives them a lot more games, especially with Gerry's mod, steam, and all that, but they're pretty much all MMO's, which are the same god **** thing over and over again, or they're indie games, which a good 90% of them suck, or you beat the game in 20 minutes and never play it again. Games and accompanying DLC's are usually$5-$25, but each time you have to buy a new one, it adds up

With consoles, I spend 500 or 600 bucks, and I get the top of the line, every time. Games are $60, but I at least get a full game, that will give me a few hours of gameplay. I also like having a controller versus a keyboard. I prefer consoles over PC's any day.
There are also a lot more fail point where a PC could break versus a console.

I think it comes down to preference really. I don't like playing online, because people are ******bags, and I like immersive, full stories versus just online multiplayer doing the same thing over and over again.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

and I get the top of the line, every time

30fps 900p is not top of the line. I wouldn't even call that average. Source.

I also like having a controller versus a keyboard

It is incredibly easy to play games with a controller on PC.

but they're pretty much all MMO's, which are the same god **** thing over and over again, or they're indie games, which a good 90% of them suck

Have fun never playing a MOBA or RTS.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Halo: Wars is technically an RTS.

~~~Darth Caedus

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Halo: Wars is technically an RTS.

Halo Wars is advanced Rock, Paper, Scissors
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Pyro it sounds more like your talking about a console when you talk down to PC. Bye all the Fallout and ElderScrolls games to date most of which require no internet and the entire game can be purchased at a very reasonable price. Getting only new copies will cost you about 150$ if that, and it will keep most people entertained for a VERY long time. One more thing, It kinda makes sense that most people on this sight would be PC gamers considering that there isn't even a quarter of the games for mobile devices. Still consoles do have their merits, mainly games that only came out for that console that are a little more difficult to emulate on PC.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Literally the only thing going for consoles is their exclusives. The only reason I'm getting a PS4 is for some of dat fine From Software Hidetaka Miyazaki RPG gameplay. I might pick up an Xbone just for Halo. Those exclusives are evil.

Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

*sigh* CONSOLE GAMES ARE MADE ON PC AND CONSOLES ARE NOT AS GOOD BECAUSE MOST GAMES ARE ON BOTH (unless exclusive e.g the last of us is ps3 only)

Showing 16-29 of 29