ForumsGamesGC2CS: Suppressing gems useless?

16 3801
LucaDiv
LucaDiv
31 posts
Nomad

Before I start, let me say I'm currently Lvl 134, non-premium user. Recently finished the story as well as what is essentially the &quotost-game" story on tile Y.

I've been thinking about suppressing gems. Not only have I never used them except for a few fields that give you gems for free as well as the spirit-forge controlled ones, but to me, when compared with the other gem types, they seem extremely sub-par.

True, slowing healing is good, but poison seems to be a better option since, when suppressing outstrips healing, you get no benefit, but with poison, you get free damage. But of course, if you're actually in a position where a monster's regeneration rate is something to be worried about, You're probably doing something wrong anyway and will likely lose the level soon.

they way I see it, gems in order from most to least useful are as follows:

Critical
Bloodbound
Chain Hit
Poolbound
Mana Gathering
Armor Tearing
Slowing
Poison
Suppressing
(note that this list is my opinion, and not meant to be stated as fact, so don't take it as such)

Surppressing gems just don't do anything that other gems can't do better. To me it seems that rather than slowing monster's healing, it's best to just do massive amounts of damage with a Crit/Bound/Chain gem and take them out fast enough that their healing rate is moot rather than wasting time and resources making suppressing gems to slow healing.

Even poison gems which I stated to be only barely better than suppressing have their uses, (and I don't just mean B3) true there are better gems, but at least poison actually has some offensive use rather than suppressing which are 100% defensive. In fact, that seems to be the main problem, true, you're technically always on the defense, this is a tower "defense" game, but you can defend in an offensive way, such as with crit gems. Preferably you always want to be defending offensively so that you will have the advantage, and you never want to go on the defense, so to speak, because that means you're losing.

So I guess my main point is that suppressing gems are only good when you're losing, and in the end it's just better not to be in a losing position where you'll actually need suppressing gems by defending offensively rather than be in a place where suppressing will actually be useful.

I may be wrong though, So that's why I'm asking this: "Are suppressing gems really useless? Is there some obscure use for them that actually makes them good, even just a little bit, or are they just flat out bad?"

• 16 Replies
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

I tried, it's not very effective.

Showing 16-16 of 16