ForumsThe TavernSuperbobdabest's 3rd annual football competition

258 106242
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone! It's that time of year again. It's time for superbobdabest's 3rd annual football competition. For all of you who have not played in this competition I'd like to first inform you that this is first American football and it is the NFL not college. Second if you would like to join you must first watch or know enough about the teams to say which are good and which are not and you must be decently active. If so then if you would like to just ask to sign up. All of the rules, scores, news and other updates will be posted here. Please check this as often as possible. We have 10 total spots, 9 remaining.

Scoring Points:

For those of you who have been in this before there have been some changes. The way it goes is: We will do a draft. Everyone will get 3 teams (not counting further trades). Every time that team wins, you get 3 points. In the result of a tie both teams will earn 1 point. There is also Playoff Points (see below).

Draft

The way the draft works is I will write the names of the people who have signed up down on a paper. I will one at a time pull the names out of a hat. The first person I pull out of the hat will draft last during the first round. The next name I pull out will draft second to last and so on. After we pull out the order we will double up, meaning the last person of the first round will go first in the second round, and the second to last will go second and so on. For the third and final round we will repeat the first round.

Trades

You and any other player(s) are allowed to make trades at anytime. You can trade teams, points, and draft picks. Draft picks will not be allowed to be involved in a trade until the draft order is posted. Both players must post that they are okay with the trade before I make it official.

Playoff Points

Next; playoff points. Each team who makes the playoffs gets 2 points. Winning the Wild Card round or getting a bye during the Wild Card round gets you 3 points. Winning the Divisional round gets you 4 points. Winning the Conference round gets you 5 points. Winning the Superbowl gives you a whopping 6 points. If you don't like the playoff points scoring system we may take a vote about it later in the season.

Rules and Penalties

Rules are anything that will get you trouble anywhere else on AG, will get you in trouble here. If an offense is committed, depending on how ultimate the offense is you could face loss of points or even an ejection from the competition. This hasn't been a problem in the past and I don't intend it to be.

Ok I think that's it. If anyone has a question or comment just post here or on my profile. If you would like to sign up then make sure you have read the above and then just comment below. Draft order will be decided after 9 more people have signed up. Thanks everyone.

• 258 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Classic Cowboys. Playing well at the beginning of the season. Give them another 2 or 3 weeks and they will lose a bunch.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Bills and Seahawks both won for me this week. If the Seahawks don't get penalties for every other play I think they could go to the playoffs and maybe go pretty far.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

My poor Cardinals, they got ripped up. The injuries lost the game.... Man that was sad... Defense got banged up, they should have won.

bobawesome
bobawesome
116 posts
Peasant

@xeano321 The broncos are just a better team.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

@bobawesome They are one of the best, but the Cardinals had them in check the entire game. Injuries to Drew Stanton and Calais Campbell affected both offense and D. They scored right away after those, and then Peterson got hurt and they scored twice.

Receivers dropped too many passes, and misplayed big plays. Cardinals COULD have easily won, and they should have.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

The jets are killing me... Seeing them get crushed in my home town is just salt in the wounds.

I'm gonna trade them for the Redskins because I think of the remaining teams the Redskins look most promising.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

This was a very good week hehe....*Rubs hands in glee*

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

The injuries lost the game

Hello and welcome to University of Florida last year. Injuries are sadly part of the game.
The broncos are just a better team.

I could argue with that. Both are really good teams. Haven't had time to watch enough this year to compare. The Broncos did get that IU WR though who is really good.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

@superbobdabest is still not on. Also, the above blank post was my attempt to post the scores, but it got glitched. Since I had no defense against the glitch, I will leave the blank post and post the scores below:

Week 5:

vinster132-27 total points
49ers-9 points
Chiefs-6 points
Eagles-12 points

superbobdabest-27 total points
Broncos-9 points
Colts-9 points
Texans-9 points

bobawesome-30 total points
Lions-9 points
Bengals-9 points
Cowboys-12 points

nichodemus-24 total points
Patriots-9 points
Saints-6 points
Steelers-9 points

xeano321-30 total points
Cardinals-9 points
Packers-9 points
Chargers-12 points

Patrick2011-24 total points
Browns-6 points
Panthers-9 points
Giants-9 points

daleks-12 total points
Seahawks-9 points
Jaguars-0 points
Bucs-0 points (traded to pool after Week 3)
Bills-3 points (acquired from pool after Week 3)

thesakew-18 total points
Bears-6 points
Dolphins-6 points
Vikings-6 points

xXxDAPRO89xXx-18 total points
Falcons-6 points
Ravens-9 points
Jets-3 points (traded to pool after Week 5)
Redskins-0 points (acquired from pool after Week 5)

Standings:
1. bobawesome, xeano321 (30 points)
2. superbobdabest, vinster132 (27 points)
3. Patrick2011, nichodemus (24 points)
4. xXxDAPRO89xXx, thesakew (18 points)
5. daleks (12 points)

Tradeable teams:
Jets
Titans
Raiders
Rams
Buccaneers

Week 6 Byes:
Chiefs
Saints

bobawesome
bobawesome
116 posts
Peasant

@daleks He hasn't caught a single pass all year. The Broncos are by far the best team on paper. Manning is looking at another legendary year.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

The Broncos are by far the best team on paper. Manning is looking at another legendary year.

Another average season probably. He's not in record breaking form like he was last year.
bobawesome
bobawesome
116 posts
Peasant

@xeano321 Average? He will have at least 45 touchdowns and 4800 yards, if he stays healthy. In my opinion, no other AFC team has looked as explosive this year.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

@bobawesome Has he even been in the game though/been thrown to much? I don't follow specific players to be honest and haven't even watched a game this year.

The Broncos are by far the best team on paper. Manning is looking at another legendary year.

I think this is like the 3rd year they are the best team on paper. You can see how much that matters.
bobawesome
bobawesome
116 posts
Peasant

@daleks

Has he even been in the game though/been thrown to much?
No he hasn't. He may have played a few snaps here and there.
I think this is like the 3rd year they are the best team on paper. You can see how much that matters.

I will have to disagree with you on that. None of Denver's offensive weapons had been proven in 2012. While having an extremely talented offense in 2013, their defense played at a sub-par level. They added three pro-bowlers to their defense this offseason. 2014 is the first year that they have been the best team on paper since John Elway of the late '90s.
Showing 151-165 of 258