ForumsThe TavernSuperbobdabest's 3rd annual football competition

258 106350
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone! It's that time of year again. It's time for superbobdabest's 3rd annual football competition. For all of you who have not played in this competition I'd like to first inform you that this is first American football and it is the NFL not college. Second if you would like to join you must first watch or know enough about the teams to say which are good and which are not and you must be decently active. If so then if you would like to just ask to sign up. All of the rules, scores, news and other updates will be posted here. Please check this as often as possible. We have 10 total spots, 9 remaining.

Scoring Points:

For those of you who have been in this before there have been some changes. The way it goes is: We will do a draft. Everyone will get 3 teams (not counting further trades). Every time that team wins, you get 3 points. In the result of a tie both teams will earn 1 point. There is also Playoff Points (see below).

Draft

The way the draft works is I will write the names of the people who have signed up down on a paper. I will one at a time pull the names out of a hat. The first person I pull out of the hat will draft last during the first round. The next name I pull out will draft second to last and so on. After we pull out the order we will double up, meaning the last person of the first round will go first in the second round, and the second to last will go second and so on. For the third and final round we will repeat the first round.

Trades

You and any other player(s) are allowed to make trades at anytime. You can trade teams, points, and draft picks. Draft picks will not be allowed to be involved in a trade until the draft order is posted. Both players must post that they are okay with the trade before I make it official.

Playoff Points

Next; playoff points. Each team who makes the playoffs gets 2 points. Winning the Wild Card round or getting a bye during the Wild Card round gets you 3 points. Winning the Divisional round gets you 4 points. Winning the Conference round gets you 5 points. Winning the Superbowl gives you a whopping 6 points. If you don't like the playoff points scoring system we may take a vote about it later in the season.

Rules and Penalties

Rules are anything that will get you trouble anywhere else on AG, will get you in trouble here. If an offense is committed, depending on how ultimate the offense is you could face loss of points or even an ejection from the competition. This hasn't been a problem in the past and I don't intend it to be.

Ok I think that's it. If anyone has a question or comment just post here or on my profile. If you would like to sign up then make sure you have read the above and then just comment below. Draft order will be decided after 9 more people have signed up. Thanks everyone.

• 258 Replies
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Alright everyone so it is almost time for the draft. First off as you can see we are short one player. I am talking with thesakew to see if he would like to take the spot. If he does not choose to accept it and the position is still open when the draft order is picked then we will have 5 anytime trades instead of 2 (see anytime trades below). The draft order will be picked thursday night. The draft will commence sunday morning with the first pick. Here are some things you need to know about the draft:

Draft order:

The draft order will be picked by random. I will write all names on paper and stick them in a hat. One by one I will pull them out of the hat. The first name pulled out will draft last, second I pull out will go second to last, and so on until the last person is pulled out whom will pick first. The draft is double up so the draft order will be backwards for the second round and forwards for the third.

Picking teams:

When it comes to your turn you will draft a team. That team is yours and all wins for that team will go to you. You will get 24 hours to make your pick. If your pick is not made in that time you will pick at the end of the round. If you don't select your teams in the additional 24 hours then then you will pick at the end of the draft.

Trades:

Once the order is picked you can use your picks to trade up or down. You can trade with any player in the competition. You can use points to help make the trade more even. (Points as in the points you will earn when your team wins a game. So if you trade away points now with a draft pick you will start with negative points. Which really isn't that bad if you trade up.)

Staying on top of your picks:

THE BEST AND SAFEST WAY TO NOT LOSE YOUR DRAFT PICKS IS TO POST A LIST OF THE 32 TEAMS IN ORDER FROM THE TEAM YOU WANT MOST ON THE TOP TO THE TEAM YOU WANT LEAST ON THE BOTTOM. When its your turn I will go to your list, starting from the top I will go down your list. Once I find a team that has not been drafted that will be your team. You can also post half now and the other half once your list no longer has any undrafted teams. It is the best, safest, fastest, and smartest way. It will be a long list but it will save me time and ensure you you won't lose your pick. Also if something comes up you don't have to worry.

Anytime trades:

If you do the math: 9 players x 3 teams per person=27 teams picked. There are 32 NFL teams so that means 5 will remain. So those teams will be available for trade at anytime during the competition. If you have a team thats doing bad and one of the teams available for trade is doing well you can trade your team for the team that is available and your team will be available for trade. I know that was a little confusing so here is an example: Say I have the Lions and they are doing bad and the Vikings are available for trade and they are doing well. I can trade the Lions for the Vikings. The Lions will be available for trade and the Vikings will be mine. However any points the Lions have previously earned me will remain mine. Any points the Vikings earn in the future will be mine.

The draft order will be posted thursday. The draft will begin sunday. If you have any questions about the draft just post and I will be happy to answer. Thanks all.

thesakew
thesakew
203 posts
Jester

I am talking with thesakew to see if he would like to take the spot.

Sure, I'll take the spot.

The draft order will be posted thursday. The draft will begin sunday. If you have any questions about the draft just post and I will be happy to answer.

Excuse me, what draft? Sounds like draft of university final project for me.
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Sure, I'll take the spot.

Great so the list is:
1. Superbobdabest
2. xeano321
3. vinster132
4. Patrick2011
5. nichodemus
6. xXxDAPRO89xXx
7. daleks
8. Penguin022
9. bobawesome
10. thesakew

So we are currently full.

Excuse me, what draft? Sounds like draft of university final project for me.

The draft we do so we can pick our teams. Everyone will get different teams and no 2 people can have the same team. All the info is above.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Do you have the order for the draft yet?

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Do you have the order for the draft yet?

It will be posted tomorrow. Idk the time, but it will be at night.
bobawesome
bobawesome
116 posts
Peasant

2 Questions: How will the actual draft work? Will you post pick by pick updates?

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Ok sorry it took so long. I've just been through a lot the last 2 days and I am physically and emotionally tired. Anyways you didn't come hear to hear me whine, you came for the draft. So I am about to post the order. Please realize the difference between Picking Order and Drafting Order. Picking Order is when I pull your names out of a hat and plot them down. That order is reversed and will become Draft Order (see draft order above).

Picking order:

1st pulled: xXxDARPO89xXx
2nd pulled: thesakew
3rd pulled: daleks
4th pulled: Penguin022
5th pulled: Patrick2011
6th pulled: xeano321
7th pulled: nichodemus
8th pulled: bobawesome
9th pulled: superbobdabest
10th pulled: vinster132

Draft Order

1st round
1st overall pick: vinster132
2nd overall pick: superbobdabest
3rd overall pick: bobawesome
4th overall pick: nichodemus
5th overall pick: xeano321
6th overall pick: Patrick2011
7th overall pick: Penguin022
8th overall pick: daleks
9th overall pick: thesakew
10th overall pick: xXxDARPO89xXx
2nd round
11th overall pick: xXxDARPO89xXx
12th overall pick: thesakew
13th overall pick: daleks
14th overall pick: Penguin022
15th overall pick: Patrick2011
16th overall pick: xeano321
17th overall pick: nichodemus
18th overall pick: bobawesome
19th overall pick: superbobdabest
20th overall pick: vinster132
3rd round
21st overall pick: vinster132
22nd overall pick: superbobdabest
23rd overall pick: bobawesome
24th overall pick: nichodemus
25th overall pick: xeano321
26th overall pick: Patrick2011
27th overall pick: Penguin022
28th overall pick: daleks
29th overall pick: thesakew
30th overall pick: xXxDARPO89xXx

Alright so there is the draft order. YOU DO NOT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THE PICKING ORDER. The draft order is all you need to worry about. Use this time to make draft trades with others. Rules are above in the trades section. I am going to repost this because it is very important please read.

Staying on top of your picks:

THE BEST AND SAFEST WAY TO NOT LOSE YOUR DRAFT PICKS IS TO POST A LIST OF THE 32 TEAMS IN ORDER FROM THE TEAM YOU WANT MOST ON THE TOP TO THE TEAM YOU WANT LEAST ON THE BOTTOM.
When its your turn I will go to your list, starting from the top I will go down your list. Once I find a team that has not been drafted that will be your team. You can also post half now and the other half once your list no longer has any undrafted teams. It is the best, safest, fastest, and smartest way. It is optional but its good to have. It will be a long list but it will save me time and ensure you you won't lose your pick. Also if something comes up you don't have to worry.

Alright so thats all for now. If you have questions please don't hesitate.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Alright I am gonna make the first official trade offer. I am offering my 2nd overall pick and my 22nd overall pick for a first round pick and a second overall pick. Anyone up for it?

bobawesome
bobawesome
116 posts
Peasant

What time will it start on Sunday, and how much time will we have between picks?

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

1) Seattle Seahawks
2) Jacksonville Jaguars
3) San Diego Chargers

Those are my top 3.

bobawesome
bobawesome
116 posts
Peasant

1) Seattle Seahawks
2) Jacksonville Jaguars
3) San Diego Chargers

Those are my top 3.

I'm guessing you are a jags fan.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I'm guessing you are a jags fan.

No sir. I am a Seahawks fan. Honestly if I was really trying to win I wouldn't go Seahawks first but they are my team so I have to support them.
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

2 Questions: How will the actual draft work? Will you post pick by pick updates?

If people post their list (see Staying on top of your picks) then I will post based on peoples list until I reach I reach someone without a list or whose list is over. I am trying not to post excessively so maybe every 5 picks.

What time will it start on Sunday, and how much time will we have between picks?

I'm changing the starting time till Sunday night due to preseason games. You will have 24 hours for the first round. Depending on how fast the first round goes by will determine the picking time for the next two rounds.

1) Seattle Seahawks
2) Jacksonville Jaguars
3) San Diego Chargers

Those are my top 3.

Daleks is this your list?

Two notes.

One I am asking everyone to post their list (once agian see Staying on top of your picks). It will help so much with getting this done quickly and not losing picks. It is not mandatory but trust me it is best to do it otherwise. If you don't want to publicize your list you can post on my profile. I will save it the delete the comment. I check my profile pretty often. So don't be worried.

Second. My trade is still up there. My 2nd overall pick and my 22nd overall pick for your 1st overall pick and your second round pick. Good if you wanna move up on the list to get a good team.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

2) Jacksonville Jaguars

What the heck Daleks. They are getting better, but they aren't there yet.
-

Anyway, it's mock draft time! (My list is below)

1). Arizona Cardinals
2). Denver Broncos
3). Seattle Seahawks
4). San Francisco 49er's
5). New England Patriots
6). Green Bay Packers
7). Indianapolis Colts
8). Baltimore Ravens
9). Kansas City Chiefs
10). Cincinnati Bengals
11). San Diego Chargers
12). Philadelphia Eagles