ForumsThe TavernSuperbobdabest's 3rd annual football competition

258 106373
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone! It's that time of year again. It's time for superbobdabest's 3rd annual football competition. For all of you who have not played in this competition I'd like to first inform you that this is first American football and it is the NFL not college. Second if you would like to join you must first watch or know enough about the teams to say which are good and which are not and you must be decently active. If so then if you would like to just ask to sign up. All of the rules, scores, news and other updates will be posted here. Please check this as often as possible. We have 10 total spots, 9 remaining.

Scoring Points:

For those of you who have been in this before there have been some changes. The way it goes is: We will do a draft. Everyone will get 3 teams (not counting further trades). Every time that team wins, you get 3 points. In the result of a tie both teams will earn 1 point. There is also Playoff Points (see below).

Draft

The way the draft works is I will write the names of the people who have signed up down on a paper. I will one at a time pull the names out of a hat. The first person I pull out of the hat will draft last during the first round. The next name I pull out will draft second to last and so on. After we pull out the order we will double up, meaning the last person of the first round will go first in the second round, and the second to last will go second and so on. For the third and final round we will repeat the first round.

Trades

You and any other player(s) are allowed to make trades at anytime. You can trade teams, points, and draft picks. Draft picks will not be allowed to be involved in a trade until the draft order is posted. Both players must post that they are okay with the trade before I make it official.

Playoff Points

Next; playoff points. Each team who makes the playoffs gets 2 points. Winning the Wild Card round or getting a bye during the Wild Card round gets you 3 points. Winning the Divisional round gets you 4 points. Winning the Conference round gets you 5 points. Winning the Superbowl gives you a whopping 6 points. If you don't like the playoff points scoring system we may take a vote about it later in the season.

Rules and Penalties

Rules are anything that will get you trouble anywhere else on AG, will get you in trouble here. If an offense is committed, depending on how ultimate the offense is you could face loss of points or even an ejection from the competition. This hasn't been a problem in the past and I don't intend it to be.

Ok I think that's it. If anyone has a question or comment just post here or on my profile. If you would like to sign up then make sure you have read the above and then just comment below. Draft order will be decided after 9 more people have signed up. Thanks everyone.

• 258 Replies
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

xXxDARPOxXx I am sorry to say you have been dropped from the competition. I don't wanna do this but we don't have all the time in the world. Thesakew you are on the clock.

thesakew
thesakew
203 posts
Jester

Miami Dolphins.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

My pick will be Jacksonville still.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Those two picks will put @Penguin022 on the clock to avoid being dropped from the competition. Anyway, I have an announcement related to my drafting:

The list I have posted will not apply to the 3rd round. However, I still plan on picking the Panthers according to the list unless @Penguin022 picks them. If @Penguin022 picks the Panthers, then I will go on the clock in the 2nd round. After my 2nd round pick, I will post my 3rd round list.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I was gone all weekend and nothing even happened.

Lovely

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

1st round
1st overall pick: vinster132- 49ers
2nd overall pick: superbobdabest- Broncos
3rd overall pick: bobawesome- Lions
4th overall pick: nichodemus-Patriots
5th overall pick: xeano321-Cardinals
6th overall pick: Patrick2011-Browns
7th overall pick: Penguin022- (missed)
8th overall pick: daleks-Seahawkst
9th overall pick: thesakew-Bears
26nd round
10th overall pick: thesakew-Dolphins
11th overall pick: daleks-Jaguars
12th overall pick: Penguin022-
13th overall pick: Patrick2011-
14th overall pick: xeano321-
15th overall pick: nichodemus-
16th overall pick: bobawesome-
17th overall pick: superbobdabest-
18th overall pick: vinster132-
3rd round
19th overall pick: vinster132-
20th overall pick: superbobdabest-
21st overall pick: bobawesome-
22nd overall pick: nichodemus-
23rd overall pick: xeano321-
24th overall pick: Patrick2011-
25th overall pick: Penguin022-
26th overall pick: daleks-
27th overall pick: thesakew-

Penguin022 you are on the clock. xeano321 you are soon to be on the clock

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

8th overall pick: daleks-Seahawkst

Nice 't' at the end. lol
bobawesome
bobawesome
116 posts
Peasant

We should probably speed things up. After all, the season starts a week form tomorrow.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Couple announcements.

First off I'd like to apologize for not being very active lately. As most of you may know school is now in session and the past couple weeks I've been quite busy with homework and studying for tests.

I'm sad to say that xXxDARPOxXx and Penguin022 are dropped from the competition due to inactivity. There's just not enough time to wait this long for one pick.

Xeano you wanted to go on the clock so starting now you are on the clock. Alright that's all!

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

First off I'd like to apologize for not being very active lately. As most of you may know school is now in session and the past couple weeks I've been quite busy with homework and studying for tests.

You don't have to apologize man. We all have a life outside of AG which is more important that being here.
bobawesome
bobawesome
116 posts
Peasant

Even if you want to be on the clock, you should still post a list. After all, we've barely started the second round and there are only six days till kick off.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Even if you want to be on the clock, you should still post a list.

He has a listed posted.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

OOps. I could have sworn I checked this yesterday. Sorry guys.

I will gladly pick the Green Bay Packers since no one else has claimed them yet.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

New List: This is the list I will use in the 3rd round:

1. Cowboys
2. Giants
3. Chargers
4. Rams
5. Jets
6. Raiders
7. Bills
8. Redskins

I will also use this opportunity to @ tag @nichodemus, since he's now on the clock.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Thought I could get the Packers. Dang.

Indianapolis Colts

Showing 61-75 of 258