Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What Would You Do in A SHTF Situation?

Posted Jul 20, '14 at 11:42am

apldeap123

apldeap123

1,506 posts

SHTF, or "Society Hits The Fan," is a term that describes when the world as we know it falls apart due to a natural disaster or war. If that were to happen, what would you do to survive?

Posted Jul 20, '14 at 1:01pm

09philj

09philj

2,600 posts

Learn a useful skill that I can barter for protection from one of the stronger gangs. If I have no skills, join a large gang as a grunt worker and keep my head down until it's obvious getting out and moving to another gang is safer. Safety in numbers, right.

last edited Jul 20 2014 01:02 pm by 09philj

Posted Jul 20, '14 at 4:31pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,734 posts

Knight

I agree that in such a situation it is reasonable to stay within a larger group and be useful to that group. Eventually, we might rebuild everything anyway. I don't think any kind of post-apocalyptic anarchy or whatever is actually realistic, at least not everywhere on earth.

Posted Jul 21, '14 at 8:31pm

samiel

samiel

427 posts

Become a sick monster ashamed of the unspeakable things I would have to do to survive. You know stuff like murder, robbery, backstabbing(probably literaly) Just some sorted henias acts to ensure my survival for another retched day.

Posted Jul 22, '14 at 12:20am

Seashark001

Seashark001

621 posts

My mates and I have a contingency plan for all different kinds of situations. The main theme though is a long line of murder, backstabbing, robbery, terrorism and gang wars. We would effectively become monsters to everyone except friends and family.

Posted Jul 22, '14 at 12:35am

FishPreferred

FishPreferred

2,099 posts

Relocate to a large luxury home with plenty of land after the previous owners have fled, plant a surrounding crop of stinging nettle and bells on strings, take up fruit farming, and wait for the first victims and/or customers to arrive, so I can mug and/or barter with them.

Posted Jul 22, '14 at 12:49pm

09philj

09philj

2,600 posts

Relocate to a large luxury home with plenty of land after the previous owners have fled, plant a surrounding crop of stinging nettle and bells on strings, take up fruit farming, and wait for the first victims and/or customers to arrive, so I can mug and/or barter with them.

The "seal self alone/with suitable associates in a heavily barricaded smallholding" approach is the only viable alternative to "the attach self to the most competent group you can find approach".

last edited Jul 22 2014 12:50 pm by 09philj

Posted Jul 22, '14 at 8:20pm

gh0sts

gh0sts

888 posts

Find a small wooden boat capable of holding several hundred bottles of water, row to an uninhabited island, wait there for a few months until most of the chaos has died down.

Posted Jul 22, '14 at 9:07pm

Omegap12

Omegap12

1,929 posts

Same thing as in a Zombie Apocalypse.
Kill off the weak, keep the strong, linger for a few years, then try and start up a new government (A GOOD one, USA) and restart life, where drugs are legal (Not a user myself, but let the people using them realize thae affects, and continue if they want, or quit.

Keep the people safe, until i die, with no heir, and leave EVERYTHING in shambles. MMMWWHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!

Posted Jul 23, '14 at 1:22am

SportShark

SportShark

1,127 posts

I would use my quasi-expressive satire to cause mah wizardry skillz transcend all awesomeness ever conceived by the gods, thereby ending (and reversing) all catastrophe upon the earth.

Reply to What Would You Do in A SHTF Situation?

You must be logged in to post a reply!