ForumsThe TavernWhat Would You Do in A SHTF Situation?

9 3302
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

SHTF, or "Society Hits The Fan," is a term that describes when the world as we know it falls apart due to a natural disaster or war. If that were to happen, what would you do to survive?

• 9 Replies
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Learn a useful skill that I can barter for protection from one of the stronger gangs. If I have no skills, join a large gang as a grunt worker and keep my head down until it's obvious getting out and moving to another gang is safer. Safety in numbers, right.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

I agree that in such a situation it is reasonable to stay within a larger group and be useful to that group. Eventually, we might rebuild everything anyway. I don't think any kind of post-apocalyptic anarchy or whatever is actually realistic, at least not everywhere on earth.

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Become a sick monster ashamed of the unspeakable things I would have to do to survive. You know stuff like murder, robbery, backstabbing(probably literaly) Just some sorted henias acts to ensure my survival for another retched day.

Seashark001
Seashark001
613 posts
Nomad

My mates and I have a contingency plan for all different kinds of situations. The main theme though is a long line of murder, backstabbing, robbery, terrorism and gang wars. We would effectively become monsters to everyone except friends and family.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Relocate to a large luxury home with plenty of land after the previous owners have fled, plant a surrounding crop of stinging nettle and bells on strings, take up fruit farming, and wait for the first victims and/or customers to arrive, so I can mug and/or barter with them.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Relocate to a large luxury home with plenty of land after the previous owners have fled, plant a surrounding crop of stinging nettle and bells on strings, take up fruit farming, and wait for the first victims and/or customers to arrive, so I can mug and/or barter with them.

The "seal self alone/with suitable associates in a heavily barricaded smallholding" approach is the only viable alternative to "the attach self to the most competent group you can find approach".

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

Find a small wooden boat capable of holding several hundred bottles of water, row to an uninhabited island, wait there for a few months until most of the chaos has died down.

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

Same thing as in a Zombie Apocalypse.
Kill off the weak, keep the strong, linger for a few years, then try and start up a new government (A GOOD one, USA) and restart life, where drugs are legal (Not a user myself, but let the people using them realize thae affects, and continue if they want, or quit.

Keep the people safe, until i die, with no heir, and leave EVERYTHING in shambles. MMMWWHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I would use my quasi-expressive satire to cause mah wizardry skillz transcend all awesomeness ever conceived by the gods, thereby ending (and reversing) all catastrophe upon the earth.

Showing 1-9 of 9