ForumsArt, Music, and WritingJulia's Art

17 10576
Julia_Witherwood
Julia_Witherwood
40 posts
Farmer

Lemme introduce myself first before starting to post art. I'm just a person who loves to make arts, and of course that is my hobby. And I'm not a normal person, just a pessimistic person (aka, just depressive person) especially when at situations and I lost.

I'm back because of, a forum that became too situatious that I can't even place my art there. Of course, in that case I'm starting to post my own art here.

Here's an example of my art... watch out it is big.

http://i.imgur.com/B35Dhpz.jpg

Well, that was made at October 27, 2013. I have much more concepts I did for her because I can't even make something suitable for the dark theme. But of course it can't suit, haha.

• 17 Replies
ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

Hhhhmm... Not bad, not bad, although the anatomy seems a little off and the hands need more work... (But then again, HANDS! The bane of all artists...)

The legs seem pretty awkward but I'm cool with it and I find that the eyes need to be a little lower...

But criticisms aside, yep, she looks rather good! I would like to see more of your stuff in future...

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I like the way Julia stands. The only thing I would suggest is possibly making the hands the same size. The one holding the dark flame is noticeably much smaller than the one on her hip.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Very good, well shaded and drawn, apart from the hands.

Julia_Witherwood
Julia_Witherwood
40 posts
Farmer

So long from posting here since I'm actually busy on my studies. Here's another art: Well, it ain't a sword, but it was a part of Julia's necklace, before going on to the next concept.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10606585_1541238802757780_18551898231086292_n.jpg?oh=e2b20b849e38918e2d9b9719f0202fcf&oe=54873937&__gda__=1419405694_50811d2c5fc46113e605009b57b2fd12

This was made today, well...

PS: Criticisms are always allowed.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

What medium do you use for your pictures?

ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

Hhhmmm, the amulet thing looks nice! Nicely symmetrical and i'd say the shadings are well done. The only thing about your pic that bothers me is that the lines are tad pixelated and a little low res for my liking... Maybe you can try using vectors next time?

Julia_Witherwood
Julia_Witherwood
40 posts
Farmer

I'm just a noob when it comes to terms. But what do you mean of "medium"?

Hhhmmm, the amulet thing looks nice! Nicely symmetrical and i'd say the shadings are well done. The only thing about your pic that bothers me is that the lines are tad pixelated and a little low res for my liking... Maybe you can try using vectors next time?

1. Haha, I even forgot to smoothen the edges, so okay.
2. I didn't use some 3d stuff, so I did use the Photoshop CS6, obviously.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

My best guess is that you use Gimp for your creations? =)

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

LOL Haha! You ninja'd me with the answer to that Julia!! =P

Julia_Witherwood
Julia_Witherwood
40 posts
Farmer

ROFL!!! I just never noticed that, haha.

ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

2. I didn't use some 3d stuff, so I did use the Photoshop CS6, obviously.

Well, vectors are pretty much 2D actually... They are basically a smoother version of pixels. Inkscape's a pretty good vector program.

But yeah, a simple smooth edges will improve your Photoshop works! Keep it up.

[quote]

He basically meant what program you drew these on... which I guess you answered lol.
Julia_Witherwood
Julia_Witherwood
40 posts
Farmer

I know that's my only mistake, but thanks!

Julia_Witherwood
Julia_Witherwood
40 posts
Farmer

Well, here's the future concept of some affiliation I have to do...

http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1251.0;attach=47602;image

That's one of the outfits of that affiliation, hehe. I posted it at Flipline, because of slow internet

Julia_Witherwood
Julia_Witherwood
40 posts
Farmer

...And it did applied...

http://i.imgur.com/f0GuYoa.png

ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

Very good! Much better than your first post by leagues in my opinion!

You'll make a very good graphic designer and a comic artist XD

Showing 1-15 of 17