ForumsPopular MediaGood guy characters that get away with terrible things.

5 5217
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

So this occured to me when reading a thing about how Princess Bubblegum was such a good kind leader to her people (It was posted on facebook by Cartoon Network.) While I read I was thinking "No she's not, she's commited genocide, robbery, and created countless abominations." As for the genocide, she destroyed an entire race of gumball gaurds (not to be confused with the gaurdians) That she had destroyed because they were "Too dangerous" which was a result of their programming which was created by Princess Bubble Gum. She created a greedy dictator who stole the formula to create life then abused the citizens he created. She has two flying lion like creatures that are locked in eternal stasis, a fate arguably worse than death. She once robbed Fin and Jake when she broke into their house and stole their gold claiming she was "Collecting Taxes" When Fin and Jake live in the grass kingdom. She gave Majjah an item that would have resulted in the death of her entire kingdom so that she could please her homosexual crush (If you don't beleive go back and watch the episodes with Majjah the sky witch) which also got an ancient giant killed (that was forgivable though). Really she is a horrible person. So I got to thinking again "How many characters are really bad guys? Surely I may have not noticed terrible things being done by the hero, but surely someone must also be so bad yet still mascarade as a good guy." So tell me, What good guys do you see as terrible monsters.

• 5 Replies
Seashark001
Seashark001
613 posts
Nomad

BATMAN. Throughout the Dark Knight trilogy, he defeats about ten bad guys (don't count me on that) and creates a symbol. But within that he causes:

- Over $1Bn criminal damage
- Allowed thousands of people to die
- Allowed 20,000 people to be gassed? with a hallucinogen
- Kill about 25 people in his vehicles
- Destroyed his family home
- Allow Bane to wreck the front lawn of his second one
- Puts down the foundations for anarchy
- Becomes hated
- Becomes loved again
- Amongst more things

Oh well Batman...

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Mario! Mass murder of wild animals, loads of criminal damage, robbery of huge amounts of gold... all done with a smile on his face!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

like every good guy every

/thread

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

like every good guy every

^ This.

Every good superhero or whatever kills someone. And usually in movies there's like a car crash etc for excitement while the chase the villain and no one pauses to think "Hey, did they just kill an innocent family in that car?"
gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd
Showing 1-5 of 5