ForumsSupport Forum[necro][Answered] Posting Images?

3 3254
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

I know it's a bit of a dopy question for a guy who's been on here for years, but I still can't figuire out posting images, I tried a couple time but I couldn't quite get it. If someone could give me a walk through for it or direct me to one I would be glad.

• 3 Replies
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Here is a guide on how to copy the proper image URL and post the image here on the Armor Games forums.

1.) You must upload the image somewhere on the internet or find an image that already exists on the internet.

You cannot use your image if it just exists on your computer and Armor Games does not have a built in upload feature. If you plan on uploading an image to post you will have to use an image hosting site like Photobucket.

2.) After uploading or finding the image you want to post, you will have to find the "source" URL of the image and copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl +c for Windows).

The "source" image URL will end in .jpg, .png, .tiff, .gif, .bmp, or some other .[image file type]. If the "source" image URL does not in an image file type (like .jpg) your image will most likely not post correctly.

An example "source" image URL would be. http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa355/msrichardshi/Kauai%20Geology%20Field%20Trip/IMG_8443g.jpg

Notice that the very end of the URL ends in .jpg.

I usually find the "source" URL of an image this way:

For Google:
- Upload or find the image you want to post.
- Right click on the image and then click Open image in new tab
- Go to the new tab with the image opened in it. See if the URL ends in an image file extension (like .jpg).
- if the URL ends in an image file extension (it usually does when opened this way) copy the URL.

For Mozilla Firefox:
- Right click on the image and then click Copy image location.
This will copy the "source" URL of the image into the clipboard.
- Go to the URL bar of your browser, select any text that might be in it, and paste over it with the image URL you have just copied.
- Check the newly pasted image URL and see if it ends in an image file extension like .jpg, (it usually does when copied this way). If so, you have the correct URL copied.
- The image URL is already copied to your clipboard, so there is no need to copy it again, but you can if you want.

For Internet Explorer:
- Right click on the image and then click Copy shortcut.
This should copy the "source" URL of the image into the clipboard, but it might not always do so.
- Go to the URL bar of your browser, select any text that might be in it, and paste over it with the image URL you have just copied.
- Check the newly pasted image URL and see if it ends in an image file extension like .jpg. If so, you have the correct URL copied.
- The image URL is already copied to your clipboard, so there is no need to copy it again, but you can if you want.

3.) Go to the Armor Games forums. In the text box where you post a reply or thread you will see buttons above it. Click the Image button. A text box will pop up asking for the URL of the image. This is where you past in the "source" image URL that you have just copied. After pasting the "source" image URL, click the OK button.

4.) After clicking the OK button you will see the BBCode for the image inserted into your thread/reply. Finish typing your thread/reply and then hit the Submit button. If everything was done properly, where the BBCode for the image should now be replaced by the image. (The image replaces the code after you submit your thread/reply.

That should be it.

(A note on why images fail to post sometimes. I have noticed that many image hosting websites will offer URLs for image posting. Sometimes the site will even say something like "Direct URL for forums." and give a URL to copy. Unfortunately, the URL being offered is often not the proper URL. This can be very misleading and this is the reason why I usually use Google Chrome and the Open image location in new tab method. Open image location in new tab is far more reliable than the URLs that websites offer. Open image location in new tab almost always, if not always, gives the URL ending in an image file extension like .jpg (which is the proper URL for image posting on Armor Games).

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Well I understand now, can't find a jpg (seems like they were everywere now I can't find any) Oh well thanks.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q631/kuiperdrive/Sum%20Points%2023_zpsdsworpyi.jpg

Showing 1-3 of 3