ForumsNews and FeedbackIs new rating system accurate?

20 10737
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

So I was thinking, is the new rating system really accurate? We used to actually rate games, now we either like or dislike the games. What if someone doesn't really like a game but he doesn't feel like liking the like button by clicking like. What if he feels like actually rating. What if he feels the game deserves a 6 because it isn't that great. Does he go against his own feelings or does he do it justice by rating it in the upper fiftieth percentile. Look I'm rambling so let me make my point. I always say Armorgames as a little more sophistacated as other game sights, one of my favorite qualities was the fair rating system. Now it has devolved into twi simple categories instead of a fair rating given by averaging the ratings that people give. Is there any chance the Devs could change it back.

• 20 Replies
stani
stani
3 posts
Peasant

if 10 out of 10 people like a game but think there are better games of that kind (rating it in the old system 8/10) it would have a 100% positive voting with the new system. that is inaccurate. with the old system it would have the 8/10... whats unfair about that?

lvaimer
lvaimer
5 posts
Peasant

Actually before we believe the new rating system is "better" than the old one, let's see some games.
First, Castle Of Terror a average game only gets 25 potints. While demons down under which may gets 8~8.5 points gets 90 points.
You may think many people may claim their feeling as 1 to 10. But in armor games, there are lots of decent players will consider their rating. And that's exactly why people like armor games.
The new rating system just lose the trust to players and let the good players can't express their feelings. So for myself, I choose the old rating system. And believe that's the better way

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

We've thrown around the idea of adding a second element to the rating system, like smiley faces (or some kind of iconography) that you can choose from. So instead of just a # rating, you can see people's feelings about the game through images.

lvaimer
lvaimer
5 posts
Peasant

We've thrown around the idea of adding a second element to the rating system, like smiley faces (or some kind of iconography) that you can choose from. So instead of just a # rating, you can see people's feelings about the game through images.

That'll be much better. People will understand what it means.

Kendalizor
Kendalizor
7 posts
Nomad

Why not have a par option for those that can't make up their mind and are in the middle? I find myself just not voting if I don't love it or hate it. It would at least give middle choice acknowledgement. You could even use smiley faces. :-( :-I :-)

Showing 16-20 of 20